Monday, December 21, 2009

Playdate @ Holly's

Last month we hosted a play date at our house. I try and do that every so often, unfortunately we end up being so busy it ends up being about every 2-3 months. I hope to do it more often in the future.A new family joined us this last time. Leo and Luna were the two kids. Luna was about 13 months, and Leo was around 4. They had just moved here from Spain a week earlier.Luna was quite a sweetie, but it was strange to have her over because she only really spoke Spanish, so even though she could communicate, she didn't understand anything I tried to say to her.Chloe joined us as well. It was a roll reversal, now it was Holly's turn to share all of her toys with Chloe, and she actually did pretty well. Here she is both hording her cart while drinking her yogurt juice, what a silly little thing.They were both very excited about Holly's then new Yo Gabba Gabba toys, she didn't want to share them much though, but she did when she had too.She also took turns using the shopping cart. We have since had to take this toy away from her as she has figured out how to climb into it standing, which is very unsafe.She also showed her Puzzle to Chloe. She didn't mind sharing that, as long as Mommy wasn't paying attention and helping Chloe. Then she got jealous. It was ok for her to help Chloe, she could share the puzzle, but not mommy.The play date was supposed to be an experiment with scheduling something in the morning, and I set the time originally for 11:00 after therapy. All my previous play dates have been at like 3:00 in the afternoon, but it is hard to get Holly up by then, and lots of people want to leave by 5:00 for dinner, not stay till 7:00.Therapy got cancelled so I updated it to 10:00 Am. But the first family didn't arrive until 11:00, Chloe didn't come until almost 12:00 and Gabriel joined us also, but not until almost 1:00 in the afternoon. A few other mom's who were going to come cancelled because there kids were napping. The intent was for everyone to come before there nap and get worn out, not after.Everyone ended up staying until almost 3:00 by then Holly was exhausted, she had woken up at like 8:00 that morning, but we had a great time. Everyone who cam did have fun, and Holly was a trooper.She plays a lot with Chloe and Gabriel, so she is very used to them, and enjoyed having them in her space. They all three loved climbing all over each other in the ball pit, what a cute little bunch of rascals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look like they are having so much fun! It's sweet to see them using the table and chairs we gave Holly a while back too!
Love, Granny