Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Little Princess


Little Princess
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
We had a very busy weekend, with out of town guests visiting. We took it easy on Sunday morning, but in the afternoon went to a barb-a-que. Holly had a lot of fun and was so very well behaved. She was as sweet as can be in her little knitted dress and I think the star of the party.

(I made this dress BTW - and I was afraid she had out grown it, but i discovered knit fabric is rather stretchy, and so she should be able to wear it for a long time, because even if she gets taller, she can wear it like a top with pants.) She played contentedly with the girls, and was very talkative. She loved being outside with the cool air and breeze while we made the food.

Our friends had a cat, which Holly was curious about, but since I was allergic, and worried about its claws, she didn't really get to meet it. Later in the night she was very sleepy and she seems to always get very slap happy when she is tired but too stimulated to go to bed. I tried to take her into the bedroom with the lights out to relax her but she just wanted to play, so rather then fight it, i let her play, then I gave her another bottle, but she had already eaten less then two hours previously, and she still had a cough so she spit/puked up all over my friends couch... The good news is that they are 7 months pregnant, so it was a great preview.

Holly gets so many complements on how well behaved she is, because even when she is cranky or tired she is just so happy and she is engaging and will always smile or brighten you.

We Also started to feed Holly Carrots. The oatmeal made her constipated and I don;t think she liked the rice cereal, I want to mix something into the oatmeal, but not until she has eaten that item by itself. Carrots is a level 1 food, and it is a veggie so I wanted to start with that. She really seems to like them and is getting better at swallowing and not gagging on her food. She had some Carrots for lunch on Sunday and on Monday night before bed.

Monday morning she woke up congested again and not feeling super well, but it was off to daycare for another week. She was hungry when we arrived and two of the other babies were pretty sick and whiny and crying and two other's were being fed, so I stayed extra while dropping her off and gave her a bottle, but half way through she wasn't eating it as vigorously. Since I didn't want to throw it away and wasn't sure when she would be fed again I tried to give her a little more, but she taught me a lesson and puked up half of it.

She remarkably missed her adorable outfit, It has been getting chilly, so I dressed her in something warm, and well it reminded me of her Oma.

On Sunday night, she did not want to go to sleep and was up well past 11:30, so she ended up sleeping in rather late in the morning, I think because her schedule was off, when we got home from school she was really tired and yawning around 6:00 but then didn't fall asleep, then after eating, she had energy, so when I was ready to put her to bed she just wanted to kick and kick, I swear once she is walking she will run circles around the house she has so much energy. I tried to calm and settle her, but eventually I just let her play out her energy, and she was up again until about 10:30.

She puked again this evening, it happens when she is coughing, it was less then it was last week, like it was one gag worth, versus like 3-4 where you know her stomach must be empty. I just hope there isn't anything wrong with her, and it is just a little flu running its course. Well actually I think its the cough, it has been lingering, and you can't take baby cough stuff until she is 9-12 months, so I hope it doesn't stay around for weeks.

No comments: