Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yawn - I'm TIRED!!


Yawn - I'm TIRED!!
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
So the night didn't get much better, she was up two more times after I posted, and she puked in the morning when Joel fed her. I have temporarily stopped giving her breast milk because it is very rich, and she is puking it all up. I fed her oatmeal again tonight, but after this evening we are going to stop that too. This morning she was very phlegmy and grumpy and I had to go to work for 3 meetings, so Joel stayed home with Holly. She took a long morning nap and had her PT session, and she was up for it, she has some energy and was playful and did really good work. She is twisting and turning, and righting herself into sitting, and we practiced standing, and crawling stances and she worked really hard. At the end she got cranky and was just really hungry, and then she was wiped out and sleep another two hours. I got home at 4:30 and Joel went to work for 3 hours, she still is having wet diapers so I am not worried she is dehydrated. Her PT thinks she is teething in the back, and it is really hard to tell or get our fingers back there so we gave her some Hyland teething tablets, they dissolved quick but it was hard to tell if they helped. She had a 99 fever so very low grade, and was just super cranky all night, she did not want to go to sleep and nothing would sooth her or make her happy, and she puked her Motrin bottle. She seems to do this often right after we change her diaper, like the laying down, sitting up makes her somehow cough and then gag and puke.

Some have suggested that it is acid reflux, but she never seems to be in any pain when she is puking and often just smiles and laughs afterwards, for such a sick and miserable baby, she tries to stay cheerful and in high spirits. Someone else said it may be an intolerance to milk/formula, so we will mention it to the doctor on Friday. My mom told me that when I was a baby I had that problem, so perhaps. she does too. Tonight, Holly finally went to bed around 10:00 but woke up at midnight, crying for no reason, just crying and crying, and even though she had not eaten in like 2 hours, she puked, from the crying. It took me about 30 minutes to get her back to sleep and I gave her a dose of Tylenol watered down, since it is syrupy. This might not help, but if she is having any ear or teething pain then it will help her stay asleep and get the rest she needs. We are out of the gripe water, which worked yesterday when I was home with her, but Joel was not successful with it today.

I have a meeting tomorrow that I can not miss in the morning, so Joel is staying home with her again until about 1:00 and then I will come home, and then stay with her on Friday and take her to the Doctor. Joel really doesn't want to give her the vaccinations on Friday, but I don't know if we can squeeze in another well visit before we leave for Virgina, and I want to give her time to recover before the trip. I think if the doctor thinks she is up for it, we should just get it over with.

I took a long 7 minute video today of her eating her Oatmeal that I will try and post in the next few days. I also took some picks with the camera, but no picture of the day on the phone today, so this is a picture of Holly Yawning from last Night when she woke up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are having such a tough week!! Don't worry, the "sick kid" syndrome wears off by the time they are about 2.5.

My boy has been in Kindergarten a whole month - no sickness! He has the most amazing immune system - must be from all the daycare germs!