Saturday, September 20, 2008

All Tired Out


All Tired Out
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Today was a pretty good day, considering how pitiful Holly was last night. Mommy was up till 5:00 AM with her. She was waking almost every hour, very whimpery and completely congested and stuffy, and drooling everywhere, she wheezed in her sleep, but it wasn't like Asthma, more like I have mucus in my throat that I don;t know how to get rid of. We tried using the nose bulb in her throat as the call nurse had suggested, but that didn't work super well, or at the time we tried it maybe there wasn't much, we were also able to clear her nose like once.

We gave her Baby Motrin early in the evening, but it didn't seem to help much, she slept maybe two hours, but then by around 10:00 was up again. Most of Friday Night she slept, we skipped giving her any real food, and Daddy went to be early. The only reason Mom was able to get to sleep around 5:00 was because I gave her a second dose of Motrin around 4:30 and it must have kicked in then, but she only slept till 7:45 and Dad got up with her then, and spent the morning with her, napping, cuddling, and taking it easy.

A few times we did practice sitting, and I actually did that when she was getting really fussy, to help get her out of her funk, give her something to concentrate on, and it actually helped. Today we watched 4 baby Einsteins, when mom got up at 11:00, Holly was crying in distress, and upset and it woke me, and by then she just had enough and missed me, she soothed once I took her, but didn't want to do anything, and didn't want to nap,l so we watched baby Einstein. We did Monet, Bach, Mozart, Neptune, and started DaVinci when she fell asleep. Her nap was short lived, and all last night and today it has been elevated, otherwise she coughs.

After her nap I decided to let her wear herself out, and we practiced sitting some more. She did a great job, and she even did a twist, turn, reach, grab sit that is pictured. With her left had she is supporting herself, so she needs to reach across her mid line and twist with her right hand to get the toy, then she rights herself with a slight push on her left hand. Its amazing. She sat for maybe 20 minutes without falling, then she fall backwards I think because she was tired and I just let her stay there and play, didn't even react, so she didn't get upset, just a bit of a startle, then moved on to playing with her loopy toy while on her lap.

I was reflecting back today over the last several weeks, and I am amazed at how good she is and picking up and putting her pacifier in her mouth, not too long ago, she could barely keep it in her mouth, with a strong enough suck, then I watched as if it was nothing to grab and hold her feet, she holds them all the time every day, as if it was what she always did, yet not even two months ago, she didn't even know those feet existed. I am just amazed at her curiosity, her smile and laugh, her ability to make me smile, and how much she learns and absorbs each day.

We decided to give her oatmeal today. I think she is either getting better at eating, or she likes the oatmeal better. It wasn't that she was any less messy, it did get everywhere as usual, but I thinks he actually swallowed more of it, and made less of a face when I put it in her mouth. So we are going to give her oatmeal for the next five days, maybe throw in the rice cereal also if there is time, and then next weekend add another new food. Squash, or maybe Carrots. Not sure yet what.

She is tired again and fast asleep this time in her swing. Mommy should be taking a nap, but has been on the phone with the cable company for 30 minutes setting up her new tivo, then has to add in all the shows. Today we need to go to the grocery store also, but I doubt that will happen, there is just too much to do and too little time, the job thing is really encroaching on my life...

1 comment:

Betsy Brock said...

Well, that Holly is a sweetheart! Hope she is feeling better very soon...and you all get some rest! :)