Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'll Take That Now


I'll Take That Now
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Sunday - Today was a really good day, we fed Holly rice cereal, it was very different then I expected, We made too much. First we put two scoops in a bowl, and then you can add water, juice, formula. We decided to add Formula, At first it was sticky and mushy, but then we added more formula to it and eventually it was more like a thin smooth yogurt, I am not sure what I expected but she didn't exactly eat it. She was quite uncertain of it, curious about the texture, and the taste and sorta made a face.

It got on her lips and tongue and I suppose it somehow made its way to her throat, so I guess she swallowed some, but it was like not when a big person eats food. I suppose she has to learn how to eat and swallow and use her tongue, plus she was a little curious not only the taste of this new rice stuff but also it must have felt funny in her mouth, she kept making these faces at me like mom, what is this stuff, and wasn't sure that she actually liked it, but I kept her from crying and getting too upset, she was hungry and it wasn't very filling I suppose since it wasn't like she was munching down on it. She really did like the spoon though, she wanted to chew on that, so when she put that in her mouth, and it happened to have food on it, she got some more to eat.

After a few baby bites, I gave her a big one, and that time she decided to grab the spoon, and got it all over her fingers - squishy - she made a bit of a mess, but not really, I was able to keep her fingers and face clean. Once she was done, and too fussy we gave her a bottle to fill her up.

No comments: