Sunday, September 14, 2008

At the Mall


At the Mall
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Holly and Daddy baked Mommy some brownie bites for breakfast this morning, Since I was up late playing with Spore, They let me sleep in until noon, and the smell of the brownies woke me. After a few of them, Daddy made me a healthy breakfast of eggs and tofu bacon. Joel and Holly had a fun morning playing, and she took a good nap. She was excited for me to wake up and happy to see me. In the afternoon we played, her new bouncy jumping game made her laugh, and was a lot of fun. We also read one of her new books. Mommy likes this one a lot, and so does Holly, so we read it three times. It was an ABC Animal Tails book, each page was a few animals with fold out pages, levers, and textures with furry tales, scaley skin scruffy scratchy wings. Holly loves to reach out and touch all of the different textures and is so intrigued when I fold open and up the different pages, the giraffe is super tall, and the Tamarinds and Zorrillas both have soft furry tales. The Quong Clam is squishy under its shell, and the Kangaroo's hop. In addition to the large animals that the book's story tells you about all the background pictures are in the same ABC letters for the page, so there is a Ladybug on a leaf near the leopards, and a dandelion and duck on the D page, so one of the times we read the story, Mommy tired to figure out what all the other animals on the page were, like the Otter swimming near the octopus, It was so much fun and Holly really liked it.

Later in the afternoon after both Holly and Joel took a nap we went into the city to visit our friends Dave & Tracey and Lucian. Before we left, Holly got a baby massage, and a change of clothes. We decided to bring her stroller rather then just the car seat so when we walked around the mall, she could sit up and look around. We were going to the Sony store to get daddy a new e-reader book, and our friends were getting a new TV. Before that we went to the Westfield mall food court for an early dinner. Holly was pleasant on the drive over, and then mommy made the mistake of trying to find street parking, we got stuck in traffic in downtown San Francisco and it took us an extra 15 minutes to loop around the block and back to the garage, she got grumpy, and we thought she was wet. So Mommy decided to change her in her car seat once we parked in the garage. To my dismay it was a poopie diaper, and before I knew it, holly had kicked her legs and got her little socks all soiled.

I had Daddy open my bag in the trunk, and changed her there. It was very cute, we had a chuck in the bag, and it was easy once she was laying flat int he trunk to clean her up and change her. I wished I had waited to check her diaper once we arrived at the mall, as the family room in the Westfield is very nice, there are 3 nursing rooms, several couches with a large screen TV and 4 changing tables with sinks, it was realizing and quiet and very nice., I got a chance to use it anyways after dinner, this time she was only wet. Holly really enjoyed walking around. She was a little over stimulated at the food court, and hungry, so she had a bottle and went to sleep for about 40 minutes. The stroller we have sits her upright but then tips all the way back like a sleeper. So she was very cosy during her nap.

Lucian is now just over 12 weeks and he is 10 lbs, and was such an adorable little butterball. He was so cute and squishy, I loved holding him, he wriggles and stretched and made cute little faces, he would peak out with one eye and make a scrunchy face then a little sideways yawn. I was waking him up to eat, so it was fun to try and rile him up. He looks so much like his daddy, I told his mom he has his daddy's core with a mommy accent on top.

After dinner we walked to the Metreon where the Sony store is, Holly enjoyed the cool air of the city night, and was entertained by the cars driving by on the busy street. She enjoyed exploring the Sony store, and all the colors from the TV's. We took her out of her stroller again, and relaxed in some easy chairs in one of the TV Display areas and she ate another bottle.

She is still having some stranger issues, she cried when David held her at the Mall, and when Tracey held her she was ok for about a minute then wanted to come back to mommy. then at the Sony store, I asked Tracey's mom who was visiting to hold her while I made a bottle and she cried then too. I feel bad, but it is so adorable, as she doesn't cry right away she makes a grumpy pouty face that is so cute then begins to whimper and then if I still don't respond she cries. Once I take her back and look into her eyes she is fine again.

She was over tired on the drive home, and began to fall asleep when I sang to her, but Joel had me stop, since she hadn't taken her evening dose of Amoxicillian, so he didn't want her to get too sleepy. We fed her when we got home, and tried to put her to bed twice. She was exhausted, but not settling. Joel walked her around the kitchen, after I sang to her when she was in the crib. Finally Joel brought her into the computer room where I was working, and told me to sing to her again. this time, not three words into her Holly song, Joel said he felt her entire body relax and she immediately drifted off to sleep, after a few verses he was sure she was out and was able to put her back into the crib.

Tomorrow I have a massage, and really need it, being back to work has been stressful and I am having headaches, so I have been looking forward to it.

No comments: