Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm Grumpy & Sick


I'm Grumpy & Sick
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Sunday was a busy day. Holly fell asleep pretty early last night, but then woke up around midnight, and was up for a bit, not wanting to settle down. We all woke up at around 9:00 and mom got to go and get a massage, so it was a relaxing morning off. While away, Daddy took care of a sick and cranky Holly. They took a nap and watched myth busters. She was really grumpy when I left, and didn't want to do anything, eat, play, swing, or sleep.

When I got home Holly had just woken up from her second nap of the day, and was so adorably cute and in a better mood. We read some books, and watched some Baby Einstein. We practiced sitting in ocean time, and had a whole new world view, where there were toys hanging all around her, and she could easily reach out and get them. Then she played with balls, and blocks. Sitting took a lot out of her, and she started getting very tired.

It took me forever to help her fall asleep, finally cuddling her soft bunny rabbit did the trick. Since the whole family is sick and short on rest, I took her whole nest, rabbit and cuddly holly and all and brought it into bed, and the three of us took a nap. We slept about an hour.

Then we had a very busy night, first a big bottle, because Holly was so starving, she demanded it, and then we had some oatmeal. She is doing great Joel thinks with the eating and all, she gets several bites and swallows some of it, I made it a little thinner today to start so that she wouldn't choke or gag with her congestion. It really helps if I let her play with one of the spoons and then try and feed her with the other. Also, I realized why the airplane trick works, when I say vroom vroom, and swoop in, it makes her smile, when she smiles her mouth is open, and I can sneak in a bite, I rub it against the top of her lip, so it stays in her mouth, then she dribbles some of it out. I also thickened the oatmeal so it would stick to the spoon, and let her play with that spoon, which she liked to chew so she was basically feeding herself, and getting the thicker oatmeal in her mouth, she liked it.

After she finished her oatmeal she got a bath. We filled the sink up to the tippy top, and put down the bear sponge cushion, since Holly can now sit on her own, we let her sit in the sink, of course we had our hands there so that if she tipped we could hold on to her. She played with her rubber duckies, two of them, and splashed. We soaped her all up and cleaned her off, she was a mess from eating and being sick, very snotty and hands sticky from oatmeal. We washed up her hair, and then dried her. Wrapped her up, and then she got a fun relaxing baby massage (like mommy). This relaxed her, and she was super tired, but she did not want to go to sleep, she didn't want to do anything, she was simply blah - and miserable. I put her in some light cosy pj's and let her lay there while we ate dinner, she just watched her mommy. Once I finished eating dinner, I held her, and eventually was able to gently rock her to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby :(

Umma said...

Grumpy and sick is no fun for anyone! I hope she's feeling much better soon.