Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Spike


Spike
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Monday 9/1

Holly is finally feeling better. She did not spit up once today. Just in time to go to daycare tomorrow and get sick again ;-) We had a great day. Mommy got to sleep in and Daddy and Holly played all morning. One of her new games is finding the tag. Her blankets have little tags on them, and she examines the blanket until she finds the tag, the tag has smooth material, and the blanket is terry cloth. Once she finds the tag, she chews on it. She also likes looking at the logo on Daddy's shirt, and then grabbing it. Since it is on the pocket, it is easy for her to pull.

When Mommy woke up, she read a few stories to Holly, Holly really likes her new Elephant book. The Elephant in the book has a nose that loops from the left to right page, that she can grab and feel. This is fun. Then we played on her blanket and practiced sitting. She really likes to lunge forward and grab toys, and doesn't really have much balance yet, but she can on occasion sit for a few seconds. She played with a new rattle today that lights up and plays music when you shake it, and she also played with her Lion Rattle. Mommy gave her this toy today to remind her how much she likes it. it is one of the toys that I have two of, and plan to bring with her to daycare.

We found in the basement one of those cylindrical pillow and brought it up for Holly. She had fun playing tummy time on it, Mom would stand her up against the pillow then roll her forward onto her tummy and she would reach for toys on the floor on the other side. We tried this the other way also allowing her to hyper extend her head backwards, giving her a chance to stretch those muscles. She likes to hold her head up so much, it was difficult to get her to relax and let her head fall all the way backwards and stretch her arms out but I was able to get her to do it a few times.

In the afternoon after she was getting tired from all of the playing, but before she was ready to sleep, we watched a new show that Daddy Discovered. it is called Yo Gabba Gabba, http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/int/2008/08/28/yo_gabba_gabba/ and was a lot of fun. it had bring colors and characters and fun songs, and will be a show she can watch and enjoy as she gets older and becomes a toddler.

The picture here is while she was taking her nap, after playing lots of fun games with mommy.

Last night was difficult. She actually slept for 8 hours straight, and I am convinced the gripe water is working, but she would half wake up every 60-90 minutes or so and if i wasn't there to give her the pacifier and gently rock her she would cry, but I was able to get her to stay asleep.

We went into the bedroom at around 5:00 am after she ate and was changed and she slept in the co-sleeper for another 3 hours, and then Joel got up with her. He gave her the gripe water with formula most of the morning and once she stopped puking we stopped giving it to her.

I was getting anxious tonight about daycare tomorrow, I packed all her diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, toys, and extra cloths. I straitened up and organized her room and picked out cloths for me to wear to work tomorrow. It will be hard to leave her, and I am hoping they will let her keep all the stuff I am bringing. I worry about her not being able to sit herself up yet, she doesn't like laying down, and there is no where to sit for her like her nest. We have one of those large reading pillows for the bed that I want to bring to put in her crib, but Joel won't let me, he says I can overwhelm people, and doesn't want me to get off on the wrong foot with the center, and says I can always bring something later in the week.

I am hoping there will be a teacher in the classroom that likes to get down on the floor with them, she would be happy sitting on the floor in someones lap, but the teachers I have seen so far all sit up on chairs.

Joel also reminds me I need to ease into work and sit back and relax and not try to do a million things at once and remember that at the end of the day I will get to see Holly. One of my co-workers reminded me that it will get better with time, so I hope I can sleep tomorrow, and just tell myself its only a few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope daycare is going okay. I have worked in two daycares with the babies. I haven't seen a worker not get down on the floor with the babies. And you wouldn't be the first mom to come in with a gazillion things for the baby. First time moms are great at that!! I had one mom who insisted her child ONLY eat at 11 & 3 and only so many ounces. And she would call and make sure that she did. I got more calls from that woman. It is her child and she had that right. So go for it and be an overprotective mommy :)