Thursday, September 18, 2008

Picking Daddy Up at Work


Picking Daddy Up at Work
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Wednesday - So today was a very long day, and I feel like a bad mommy. I had a big important meeting at work in the morning, and during my lunch break I was supposed to meet Sally, Holly's PT at Daycare for her Therapy Session. Well, firstly my meeting ran long, and then I had to do a post-mortem meeting with the Committee Co-Chairs, afterwards, so that by the time I realized it was time to go, it was like 1:15. So in retrospect, I think Sally started around 1:00, not 12:30 and I could have went then, but in my mind I was 45 minutes late, and it takes me 15 minutes to get there, so I didn't leave, and stayed another 45 minutes in the meeting. We were still there, when Sally called me at 2:00 which was when the session ended. Thinking back, I think it ended up being a good thing that I didn't go, because I learned some stuff, but that didn't make me feel any less guilty.

So, what did I learn you might ask, well this is what Sally reported. When she arrived, Holly was happily playing outside with her Teacher, her teacher gave her to Sally, upon which she crumbled and started to cry. This tells me that transitions are what is causing her some problem, as Sally is not a Stranger, and she isn't taking her from "Mommy" Sally tried to soothe her for about 5 minutes, with no Success, so then her teacher cam over and she calmed right down. This tells me that her teacher has learned how to soothe her, and Holly trusts her, also that her teacher is responsive to her. So her teacher sat with them, and they began the session. once she was calm, she didn;t start to cry anymore and she sat very well for Sally, and was reaching left and right, doing good twisting. Then her teacher told Sally how she doesn't like Tummy time, and asked what to do. Sally showed her many ways in which she could get tummy time around the classroom, that may not upset her, and also let her know it doesn;t have to be forced, to the point of her crying, but these alternatives were good also. Another teacher came over and wanted to learn about Tummy Time as well, so Again, they are engaged and have an interest in her development. Then Holly became Fussy, and her teacher said, oh she is Hungry, and got a bottle for Sally to feed her - So that means her teacher is learning the difference between her little cries, and also paying attention to that.

All in All, there session went well, and she got a chance to work with the teachers which I think is excellent.

When I picked Holly up, she was sleeping and I did not want to wake her so i chatted with her teacher and with some of the other mom's then we went to pick Daddy up. Daddy wasn;t ready to come home, so we hung around the office, said Hi to his Co-Workers, practiced sitting on various tables, and desks, and played with all kinds of cool stuff.

When we got home, we were all tired, and really only had enough time for Holly to have some Cereal, a bottle, and she was tired again. But I did get a lot of time waiting for Joel to play with her. We tried the rice cereal think and sticky, and then ticklish with Apple Juice, and then thin and watery, and then in the middle. mom was in an experimental mood. I still don't think she is getting much, but I let her make a big mess, getting it all over her fingers and face, so when she put her fingers in her mouth she got more cereal, and when it was think, twice she almost gagged or spit up, but I distracted her from it by going la a La, and making noises and then she was able to swallow. So I am not sure what that Gag Reflex this is all about. Mom went to bed early, and didn't have time to blog, cause she was so tired form a long day.

No comments: