Thursday, September 18, 2008

Look At Me - Big Girl


Look At Me - Big Girl
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Thursday - Today was another long day, I picked Holly up at just 5:30 exactly. She was sitting, in a Boppy, next to Henry who was sitting, and the two looked so cute in Parallel play. I had another log day of meetings at work, and I come home tired, and with more to do then there is time for in the evening. I feel like a ad mom again today, because I did not feed Holly any Rice Cereal, just a bottle, that said, she is getting sick, and has a cold again, and puked up half of her bedtime bottle, so I don't think it would have been the best to give her cereal anyways.

She has been really vicious with her bottle nipples, she takes them and ferociously rubs them back and forth against her gums and I think she has some new teeth ready to pop any day. She took a short nap in the evening in her swing, and then woke up again, and I cuddled her and rocked her and sung to her and played with her, she laid there looking up at me, and just touched my face, it is the sweetest thing ever. Finally Joel took her and she drifted all the way to sleep.

After I picked her up we decided to go shopping. We went to Babies r Us and Holly was such a big girl, she sat up completely in the Cart, as Pictured here, and after we left, she fell right asleep in the car seat, it was a lot of work to stay sitting up and playing for an hour. We decided to upgrade to level 2 and 3 nipples on her bottle, which we should have done when she was 3 months old and never did, and I also got some oatmeal cereal, as it was recommended to introduce her to both rice and oatmeal so she doesn't show a preference.

We also, of courses, got some more cloths, I got two 5 pack sets of colored onezies in Carters, that were 1/2 off. These are the ones that were made really long, so they fit her when all the other's have outgrown her, so now I have ten in various colors, I also got two more sets in white, one long sleeves, so she can wear the white onezie underneath a summer dress or tank top, and still wear some of her summer cloths before she outgrows them.

While Shopping I let her play with the different toys, and she had fun. I also got her a book, and a little gift for Lucian. We enjoyed the outing, but she was ready to go and get a quick nap. Another thing I did today was pick up a veggie box, we are ordering these weekly and they deliver at my job, and they are from River Dog Farms, it had Green Beans, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Peppers, Squash, and a few others items. Joel was so very excited. Part of why I am happy, is because I was such a flake, I was supposed to go and pick this up yesterday, and with Missing Holly's PT, I never got to that building, and forgot it was waiting for me, so I was afraid it would be gone today. But YEAH! It was still there. Joel even made himself a squash tonight, that he really liked.

I guess the final news is Holly said Ma Ma!! I guess perhaps I should have started with this, but it makes you read to the end ;-) This morning before taking her to daycare she very distinctively said Ma.. Ma! And while she wasn't exactly saying it to define me, or know it is attached to me. It was a clear sound and we were so excited and gave her such positive feedback that she is sure to say it again. It was cool, but I am sure it will be even better the first time she says it, but means it.

2 comments:

joeld42 said...

"ma ma!" "ma ma!" ... "veggie box". "mama-veggie-box-ah-goo."

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Da Da is often first - easier sound to make I guess. It won't be long & you'll be wishing she'd just hush up, :)

Such a precious moment.