Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wednesday

On Wednesday Sally came over for Holly’s Session. I was very excited by this because Holly has made amazing progress since last week, and is on the verge of crawling. She has turned onto all fours from her back, rolling onto her stomach and pushing up in one quick motion. Now this is not constant, but she did do it while Sally was here. She also lunges forward from sitting into a crawl and rocks back and forth, sometimes she picks up a toy, and sometimes she does an extended reach.


We did some stretches with Sally to work on her back muscles, we used the bolster and let her straddle it, and rocked it back and forth so she would use her core back muscles and right herself, then we turned it away and she would rotate from side to side looking back at me. We did a little work with the ball, and some crawling work. It was a great visit.

Later in the afternoon we drove into San Francisco, holly had an audition for a Print Ad for a bank. This is a call back from an audition she did back in August, they were interested in her, but since it had been 3 months and she is a little baby they wanted new pictures. It was fun to do the shoot, this time she was able to sit up on her own, so we did a few pictures with me holding her, and then I sat her down and they took a few more.

I requested one of the pictures, so hopefully they will email me one, the picture from the august shoot turned out really good, I guess the professional camera and lighting really makes a huge difference. She was wearing a very cute brown dress with pink and blue circles, it brought out her eyes, she had little pink pants, and the dress had white long sleeves under the short brown ones. It was adorable.

Afterwards we drove down to Tracey and Lucian’s house for a play date. Holly got to meet and play with Singa there doggie, Singa was so cute and good around the babies, she knew which were her chew toys and played with them, and she left all of Lucian’s toys alone. Singa even knew which blanket was hers and which was Lucian’s. Holly wanted to pet him and she kept grasping a chunk of her fur, so I had to hold her wrist and tell her gentle, and get her to open her hand and pet Singa open handed.

I had told Tracey how defiant Holly has been when I have been trying to feed her, and how clever she is at finding new ways to chew on her spoon without opening her mouth wide enough to let mommy sneak in a bite. Tracey thought this was very amusing, so I decided to give it another try and feed Holly while we were over there, since Lucian was taking a little nap. My plan was to give her banana’s this was a new food for her, and amazingly she liked it, she would grab the spoon and put it in her mouth herself, and ate half of the container. So she decided to be defiant by proving me a liar (grin) she is so cute I just love her so much, especially when her little personality glows through.

Holly still thinks that Lucian is a big teddy bear, she kept reaching out for him, I could tell she wanted to grab his two cheeks, If I would have let her she may have bitten his nose. Lucian is getting amazingly big. He is almost sitting on his own, if I put him between my legs, and let him sit in front of me with his legs in a triangle, and let him put his arm in the middle like a tripod. He would stay there for a few seconds and then tilt to the left or the right. Holly and Lucian had a fun time playing. Joel was in the south bay at a conference, and didn’t get home until 10:00 so I stayed over with Tracey and Lucian, and David brought takeout home from work, so I joined them for dinner, we talked, looked at Lucian pictures, listened to music, it was a fun evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucian is a big teddy bear...lol. He is too cute. I can't wait to hear about her crawling!! It'll be any day now :)

CarolineThomas said...

Tell David and Tracey I said congrats, Lucien is a sweety, loads of hair!
I'm glad you're not alone when Joel is away.