Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lazy Day

Today was a lazy post-Thanksgiving day. I slept all morning which was really nice, Holly did too a lot of it at least. Last night It was 11 before she got to bed, so although she woke up at 8:00 this morning, it was only long enough to eat and then she went back to bed till 10:30. Joel played with her, but then she took another nap at 12:30 till 2:00. Joel made me some yummy eggs and tofu bacon for breakfast. Joel made himself a turkey omelet.

This afternoon we tried the green beans again, this time I first gave her some Gerber Organic Green Beans, and then after a few bites and establishing that she liked them and was eating them I took a second bowl and put one spoon of fresh grinder green beans with like 3-4 large spoons of the Gerber and mixed it up and gave them to Holly.

Not unlike yesterday she made a face stuck her tongue out at me and tried to claw them off of her tongue… She somehow could tell. We think it has to do with the texture, but can’t be sure. We took the fresh green beans and the rest of the Gerber ones and blended them in the blender to make a puree. It didn’t look super smooth, but I put it in the fridge to try again tomorrow. I did feed Holly about ½ a container of the green beans before mixing them, so we will see. Tomorrow we are also going to make some pureed squash in the blender and see how that goes.

Later we decided to take a walk to the park. Holly ended up being much sleepier then we realized but she stayed awake and was ready to swing and even went down the slide. But we only stayed a few more minutes and then headed home. She was asleep before we got to the house. She took a long nap and I worked on paperwork and bills, thought I didn’t get as far as I would have liked.

She woke up by 7:00 and we played at some yummy turkey dinner leftovers, read some stories, crawled around and climbed a lot and then around 10:30 Holly went to bed.

Don’t forget to check out Flickr for more pictures of Holly that I posted.
So that was our lazy day. Here is Holly on the slide.







No comments: