Monday, November 24, 2008

Manic Monday


Today was a busy day. We had a fun morning and Holly took a quick nap, then Katie came over. Holly was super energetic and she wanted to walk. Katie doesn’t like her new adaptive way of crawling / scooting, as she thinks it is important to get the left right sway and back and forth for her to actually be able to learn to walk, so she was holding her ankle down and when Holly tried to bring it up and scoot it would keep her on all fours. She found this very frustrating, but did end up crawling a few more steps in the regular way.

Holly can be very motivated by trying to get something she wants, today she wanted to play with Katie’s watch so Katie took it off and put it down across the floor and low and behold she tried to crawl over to it. Then she wanted to get her to climb over her leg, because by climbing over it she would have to keep her knees down, she was getting very mad, she would look at me and pout then turn to the watch then turn to me then squeal and slap her hand beginning to crawl get mad and then sit down again, not being able to climb over her leg. Her stubbornness was very adorable, we helped her twice get over the leg and hope she will eventually be able to learn to climb. We let her get the watch but then took her away before she could eat it.


After our session with Katie we had some Bananas and I attempted to get her to nap, she ate the entire container. I then had to drive into the city, so she did fall asleep on the way. I was meeting with David to pick up the free ILM Turkey. It is like a 22 pounder and organic, the value is around 80$ he was told, we are very excited to have it, and it will feed us for a week. They don’t have a freezer or fridge big enough to store it, and Tracey is going out of town the day after Thanksgiving so they offered it to us.

There is a Starbuck in the Presidio where he works so after I met with him I met with Tracey and Lucian at the CafĂ© and we hung out for a while. Lucian is getting so big, he is more awake, expressive, and active every time I see him. He is still self contained and mellow however, unlike Holly who can’t sit still. By now she had woken up and wanted to “run around” They had some cushy chairs sitting on a carpet, so I let her play on the carpet with some of her toys. She kept trying to pull up on my legs, and then crawl across the room and pull up on Tracey’s Stroller.



I had fun playing with Lucian, though I think Holly got jealous of my diverted attention, it is easier when I can put them both on the floor, rather than hold him and have her on the floor, I wanted to give Tracey a chance to eat lunch / dinner. We had a fun chat talking about her trip and strollers and car seats and out babies growing up.

I left at 6:00 ish to try and get home for a free screening, the GPS said I would be home at 6:40 but the Downtown San Francisco traffic was so bad that I lost 27 minutes, and rushed to pick up Joel and drop him, Holly and the Turkey off at home. Then I rushed over to the movie.

It was “The Secret Life of bees” with Dakota Fanning and Queen Latifah, and it was an amazing film, I highly recommend it. Of course the ending made me cry! From IMDB:


Set in South Carolina in 1964, this is the tale of Lily Owens a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters, Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping.

Tonight, Holly didn’t seem to want to go to sleep and she stayed up until 11:45, We tried to put her to bed once, but she found something to play with. I am not sure why she was up so late, she did nap the entire way home, so that would be three naps today each at least an hour, some days she only has 2, but she does have three on other days. Regardless she was a bolt of energy playing and crawling and laughing she was so giddy, but Joel with his Magic touch finally got her to sleep.


1 comment:

Angel said...

we are opposites lol. I read the book and you saw the movie, I'm glad you liked it. I will check it out