Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

Ok so it has been forever since I have updated. We had a very busy weekend. Saturday morning Mommy got to sleep in and Holly and Daddy had a fun morning playing. Then in the late afternoon Lucian, Tracey and Dave came over for a visit. Joel and Dave went to the store for some “meat” and we moms got a chance to catch up and play with the babies. We grilled for dinner, and had a bunch of the greens and veggies from our Wednesday box.

Lucian is so very cute. He is sitting up and reaching for toys now, and Tracey has started him on baby food and a sippy cup. She made a great suggestion that I will try soon. She said instead of using an actual sippy cup you can use a regular cup and tilt the water so it is up to their lips and then they can slurp or lick it up. Rather than having to pour it down their throats, this makes it easier for them to gag on it.

After dinner we played rock band which was a lot of fun. Dave was very good at the drums, Joel played Guitar, I sang and Tracey wrangler the babies. It was a bit of a challenge as Holly is a hyper monster and doesn’t sit still. Normally that would be ok, but she thinks the drums are her standing toy and when they are being played there is a foot pedal that her fingers could get smooshed in, so we had to keep her away from it.

Later we let Lucian play in the bouncer and he loved it. He was really bouncy which was great, and he had a lot of fun. Holly had taken two naps on Saturday, but they were both short, and there was so much activity so she didn’t want to go to sleep. We tried three times to put her into bed, but she didn’t go down till about 11:00. Lucian is a night owl himself, staying up most nights till 11 or 12 so he sat in his Mommy’s lap and nursed and eventually fell asleep while we were watching a movie, the Futurama Movie called, Bender’s Game. It was sorta funny; it was about Dungeons and Dragons.

I was so tired during the movie but had a few emails I had to follow up on and ended up looking around the web for mother’s groups, and Play Groups, and on Craigslist for highchairs, because Tracey was telling me all about there’s and for Bouncer’s because they wanted to get one for Lucian, and next thing I knew it was 6:00 AM. I don’t know where the time went; I was so tired and like 4 hours went by in a flash.

So on Sunday Daddy let me sleep in all the way till like 2:00. I got a good rest, but Holly had taken only a short nap, so after breakfast and a leisurely afternoon we decided to take a walk around the park in hopes that it would get Holly to fall asleep. It did and she fell asleep around 5:45. Because she only napped for like 30 minutes earlier I let her sleep until like 7:30 which was a mistake because on Sunday night she was up till midnight. Our little joke was that Lucian told her that all the fun stuff happens after 10:00 PM and she should stay up and check it out.

I was losing my patience, as I am not good with the bedtime thing and she was getting cranky at like 9:45 so two hours of trying to put her down wears on me. But in the end it was Momma who got her to fall asleep around 11:45. I had to stay up and finish the bills which I should have done the night before instead of browsing the internet, but I did get to bed by 4:00, late again I know, but at least my bills are paid.

Holly ended up waking up screaming at 6:00 so Joel got up with her and I went and made her a bottle and she calmed down eating it. We changed her while in my arms and eating because her morning diapers have been soaked and she is getting a bit of a rash, once she was calm I went back to bed and Joel rocked her until she settled down. She ended up sleeping until 10:30, so her Monday schedule was completely off. I knew this would happen which was part of why I was frustrated the night before. Her therapy is at 12:30 and that was like 2 hours after she woke up, and right when she would be getting sleepy because she woke up late.

I fed her and she had a whole container of Banana Yogurt and then played with Katie. She actually stayed in a good mood the entire time, until 2:00. Katie said she was being easy on her, but I warned her she was prone to crankiness. But she crawled over to her room and showed it to Katie, and they read some books, they played with the Tunnel, and they played with some bubbles.

We made Holly a fort on Saturday. We used the pink Tunnel from Katie and one of the big boxes from my parents. I cut a whole into the side big enough for the tunnel and then put it through. The roof is made of a pink knit blanket that we got from Karel I think when I was visiting in Florida. So I put her into the Fort and she crawls out through the tube. We have done this a few times and she likes it. Katie thought it was a great idea so she puts her in and Holly decided to stay in her fort and play. She plays with her toys, examines the walls, stands up, but doesn’t want to crawl out. So then Katie tosses a toy into the tube to entice her, and Holly crawls half way through and gets the toy and then goes back to the “Fort” I was quite amused even if Katie wasn’t.

Katie also brought bubbles which she will blow a big one and catch it and then hold it up high for holly to reach and pop it. Holly likes this game, and it is a good one to use to teach her more. Katie would make the sign for more and then blow some more bubbles. But then Holly is clever and Katie would say more and Holly would reach and try to grab the open bubble container. My smart cookie knows where the bubbles come from.

As Katie was winding down and holly was getting cranky the cleaners arrived. Now that I am not working I can only afford to have them come monthly, if that, I should save the money but it makes me so happy after they are hear my house is so clean and with Holly I still don’t have the time to keep it up as I would like, so at least I know that 1 time each month it will be as close to spotless as possible. So I asked them to vacuum and clean my bedroom first so that we could go and nap. I straitened up some of Holly’s toys to make it easier for them and made her a bottle and then we laid down she had her bottle and fell asleep. Since she had a late start I was hoping for a long afternoon nap, and she would be getting only 1. She woke up after 45 minutes but I was able to coax her back to sleep by putting her into a more comfortable position and letting her cuddle against me, and once she fell back asleep she stayed down till 5:00. It was nice for me to also catch up on some rest since I was up so late the last two nights.

We had a late lunch and played after that until Daddy got home. I set up my IPOD and listened to some Mommy music which was nice and Holly seemed to enjoy it too. She explored the newly cleaned house and I let her crawl around the kitchen since the floors were clean, and when she played in her room I put her cloths away.

Tonight for dinner we tried some new food, we ate Earth’s best Spinach and potatoes and she loved it. I have been struggling the last two days to get her to eat her carrots, they are not her favorite and I would give her a bite of Carrots and then a bite of Strawberry pears and then trick her with another Carrot bite. But with the Spinach she was either very hungry or really liked them, as she opened wide for each bite. She finished the entire container and then had another ½ container of Apple Vanilla Granola.

So now I am updating the blog, holly and Daddy are playing and I have to go and get her ready for bed.

Nighty Nite.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. Hollys eating sounds better and better each time, I wanna see futurama, that tunnel looks cool. :-)