Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year


I am going to try to post often in small amounts and see how that works out. Today was a good day, long but good. Holly is still adjusting to the 1 or 2 nap schedule, so today she had 2 naps, the last she woke up from at 6:00, so it was very difficult to get her to go to bed. We started at like 9:30 but she kept waking up, or well not falling asleep. Then I laid down with her and she fell asleep but when I transferred her she woke up. Finally Joel was able to use his magic touch and get her to fall asleep, but by this time it was midnight and he was exhausted from the continual early mornings, so he is off to bed.


We used the grill again tonight, well last night too for Dinner. Tonight we had yummy Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops and Saffron rice, last night Joel made some lime chicken early in the day that I had for both lunch, with left over stuffing and dinner with Spaghetti. Alas I think we need to leave the house again tomorrow, we are running low on Formula, so we will most likely make a run to Babies-r-Us. I am hoping to talk Joel into looking at Car Seats, but I think if I can keep Holly in her current one, (she isn't 29 inches or 22 lbs yet) until she is 1 it might be better because I can just get a forward facing one, I am torn and not sure what I want to do.


Joel just had a stroke of Inspiration, so I am going to sign off and let him write.. More tomorrow..

2 comments:

CarolineThomas said...

Wow, what a lot of blog I had to read, great to know that you had such a lovely Christmas and saw all your friends and family you're so lucky.
Holly looked like she had a great time I bet you can't wait until next year when she will know more about what's going on. I had a santa outfit to send you for Holly but I didn't get around to it in time I am sorry.
Everyone looks so well and it was a pleasure to see. You had great presents too, my brother Kevin and all have rock band it is a lot of fun I love being on guitar.
My christmas wasn't as good as I hoped but it could have been worse. I din't recognise Joels stepmum for a while but she looks great and omg Emily is huge and looks just like her grandad. Did you see Joels mum and Mary this year?
Sorry to hear you were ill, can you go and get the flu jab anywhere near you? I used to get so ill before I had mine now if I am sick it lasts half as long and I don't get ill as often.
Great to hear Holly eating so many new and exciting things lot's of fun to see I wish Sam would.
I took some pics but not of the dinner and not of the presents or anything as the day didn't go too well it wasn't appropriate.
Please tell everyone hi and give Holly a big kiss from me.
Happy New Year!!! xxxxx

Anonymous said...

The car seat thing - do what your gut tells you. If she's happy in the current one, leave it alone. (But watch for sales on the next one!) If she's miserable, it might be time to move to forward facing.

Of course, you want to check with your doctor, especially if you are worried about low muscle tone.

Please, don't get the flu shot. It isn't worth it & probably won't do you any good this year. Remember last year, the glorious "flu shot" didn't protect people because they chose the wrong strain.