Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pretty Girl


Pretty Girl
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
So it has been a few days.. Mommy has been deathly sick.. I think I had food poisoning or something, I have been miserable and in bed for like 24 hours. When I last posted it was Thursday. On Friday we had a very fun time at swim class. I worried since it had been so long since we went. I was so very tired Friday morning and I was all set to lay down and take a long nap with Holly I get her in bed and have her bottle and we are all cozy and she falls asleep around 11:45. It takes me about 15 minutes to fall asleep myself and then the next thing I know someone is banging on my face.. Oh it is little miss Holly awake and sitting up and waking up Mommy and it is.. wait for it.. only 12:30.. Sign. Well there goes my long nap.. So we get up and eat and play and then we leave for swim class and what does she do but fall asleep in the car on the way to class.. Ack! Well I must have been early because I was arrive the same time as the teacher, so I slowly got all of my stuff together and the stroller out and then transferred her still asleep and waited.. Chatting with the other parents and then after I pay and change and I am all ready to get her in her swimming diaper she wakes up. So she got a good second nap. She was a little sleepy in the pool but she had a great time seeing the other babies. She was splashing and kicking in the water and we had lots of fun. We ended up hanging out in the water for like 15 extra minutes because class seemed to be running late, so that was fun.. Then she fell asleep again in the car so we decided to kidnap Daddy and pick him up early from work and we snuck out and picked up panda Express for dinner.


On Saturday morning we had our Special needs parent Group Meet Up at Tumble and tea, and there was a large group there this time, I think there were 5 families. We ended up getting out of the house late arriving at like 10:30 and Holly was already tired by then so she was ready for a nap she played for maybe a half hour but then we put her down for a nap in the car seat and had some lunch, which was nice. Then we headed out to Costco. We were fast and efficient but it was still 2:00 before we finished with the shopping. Holly woke up just as we arrived and was such a trouper riding around in the cart and looking at all the shoppers. We are making our own “Dream Dinner” meals with bulk purchases of chicken and pork chops and freezing them. I think this is going to work out great. Also Joel made some fresh Squash for Holly, we used the blended adding one squash from our veggie box and a cup of water and it came out like an amazing pure puree just like the baby food and Holly actually ate it and liked it. I am so excited. I have been keeping a few of the plastic containers that the Gerber organic food comes in, so we had a bunch of those that we could fill up. We put two in the fridge, she has eaten one already and there are another 4 or 5 in the freezer. We also bought some carrots that Joel is going to steam and make for her also, but in a few days once we have more containers to fill up.


So after Costco we were all tired and by 4:00 Holly was ready for her nap, so we all laid down in bed and fell asleep. Holly let us sleep until 6:00 and that’s when it hit me. I could not get out of bed. I eventually got out of bed and simply sat in the bathroom for like 30 minutes doubled over in pain and told Joel I needed to go back to bed. I didn’t know if I had a bug or what. I was miserable. I finally fell back asleep and then around midnight woke up dehydrated drank some water and tea and took some Imodium. Then went back to bed until noon today. I felt much better this morning, but not 100%

I had not eaten for 24 hours and Joel said I should get my blood sugar up so I started with a orange. I shared it with Holly, well one piece of it. Then I had some toast with peanut Butter. About an hour later I had some frozen pizza. But then after I felt like maybe I shouldn’t have eaten so much as it wasn’t sitting too well. By 4:00 I was ready to take another nap with Holly and we slept about 2 hours, and I felt better.


Holly has been such big trouble, she is crawling all over the house now and escaping. I am trying to teach her no, like when she tries to pull an ornament off the tree or put the lights in her mouth, or use the heater to stand up. The effect of this is at least to have her pause what she is doing long enough for me to get her but followed by a huge laugh.. yes my daughter thinks it is hilarious when I tell her no. She is so cute in fact laughing at me that I myself can’t keep a stern face and end up laughing at her to, so the effect of my No is no effect at all.. Sigh.


Today since I wasn’t feeling well we had half of the living room “walled” off with like a box and her exersaucer, and toys.. so instead of letting this keep her contained she decided to crawl underneath the seat part of the exersaucer and through to the other side. I was quite impressed with this navigation and improved crawling and I am sure her therapist will be thrilled but the result was me on one side of the “wall” and her crawling away turbo speed toward the kitchen. Thus has been my days.. Chasing Holly around the house. My philosophy is to let her explore as much as possible that is safe, as it seems when I take her away from something she is determined to immediately jet back to it, but if I let her play in a certain area she gets board with it somewhat and may not run back as soon.


Sadly I don’t have any pictures for today, being sick I am not sure I have even taken any in the last two days, but I did want to post an update in the least. More pictures to follow tomorrow.

2 comments:

theotherlion said...

Look for me on Facebook (Erika Bremer)and then I can invite you. Or search Circle of Moms and then look in communities once you get to the Circle of Moms page.

CarolineThomas said...

Ha ha so it begins! You've got years ahead of you of chasing Holly. Oh Sam laughs when Katie says no too, actually sometimes he laughs and sometimes he cries but he always ignores her to carry on what he was doing and sometimes will even go over to her and shout no back at her - enjoy!
Sorry you were ill, you poor thing! Sounds awful, good job you have Joel to help out. I am so impressed with the food. The chicken and pork chops sound yummy. It must save you money eating at home too.