Monday, January 19, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday

So I saw Betsy's link over at My Five Men to a post called Metamorphosis Monday. I figured I would participate and what better transformation to share then that of Holly's Room.

Once upon a time this room was my Office.

It wasn't used very much, and soon became the place where we put things. It didn;t actually get this bad until after I was pregnant and trying to make space. We filled and cleaned out the room "working" on the rest of the house probably 3 times during my pregnancy.

Here is is just before my dad came to visit me in January of 2008. I was having a Baby shower in a few weeks, working full time and had to get it emptied so he could paint it and we could set it all up before the party.


This is the after photo The Blue Armoir used to be in our bedroom, but was perfect for the baby room and all of her supplies. My dad did the painting and we did the decorating.


The new blinds add an earthy tone, the concept is Ocean and Forest. The ceiling is light blue with clouds for the sky, the Blue is water and the green is forest, and the brown are the trees and reefs. We got the cool wall art from a place called Blik it is, they are removable.


The tree is my favorite part. We actually Added Holly's name above her crib and a few more hanging animals behind the door since this picture was taken. Those little cubbies used to be for Joel's music supplies and are now filled with Holly's books.

We love her room, and she is just now finally playing in there, she crawls over from the living room where we spend most of the day, will take books off of her shef and flip through them. I am sure as she grows it will transform some more, but we were quite happy with this metamorphosis.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys did a great job! I love how the trees look like they are popping right out of the wall!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh, this is soooo cute! Love the transformation! What a lucky little girl to have such a great room! :-) Susan

Wendy said...

You did a wonderful job on the room. I have to agre,the tree is my favorite part also.

Wendy

santamaker said...

What a fun room. You did an amazing job and should be very proud!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

This is so much fun! You did a great job!
~Michelle

ST said...

Her room is beautiful!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Ohh what a great transformation and the reason for it was even better;) Thanks for sharing it with us! French;)

Lady Katherine said...

So...oo cute! I just love the nursery! A big transformation! Lucky little one! Tree and everything! Again, so....oo cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Vicki ... I really like the contrast with the wood :o)

Victoria

Kat said...

I'm still catching up with all the Met Monday posts, sorry for being late! This is such a cute idea for a child's room. I love the whole concept, but I'm going to ditto everyone else, the trees are amazing! Great job. Kathy