Sunday, January 4, 2009

Little Lion


Little Lion
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Today was a very long day. Holly just went to bed a few minutes ago, past midnight and she has been a cranky baby most of the evening. She is so cute and adorable though and when we appease her and she is comforted for a moment and makes a cute cooing sound it is like the hours of crankiness are erased. This morning was crazy, Mommy was woken up way early because Daddy had to go to the hardware store and buy a snake thingy to fix the clogged toilet. I am glad however that in the end it was just interrupted sleep and a trip to the store rather than a bill from the plumber. The snaky thing worked and all was well, Mommy even got to go back to sleep with Holly during her first nap. Today was a two nap day which I think is the culprit of her late night. I planned on trying to keep her awake since she didn’t nap at 4:00 the first time I tried to put her down, but when I gave her a 6:00 pm bottle she fell asleep drinking it in my lap, so I simply let her nap in my lap, 90 or so minutes and just when I was contemplating on whether I should keep her down for the night or wake her up so she would still go to bed at a decent time she woke up, but alas, waking up from a nap at 7:30… I really should know better.. She seemed tired at 9:45 almost fell asleep at 10:30 by 11:00 she was on the floor playing again, because nothing less than that would keep her from crying. By 11:30 Joel wanted to go to bed so I had her in my lap chewing on a frozen tether and I was watching some more TV, and by the time I realized it she had he eyes closed. So I gave her back to Joel to transfer. He rocked her for about ten minutes to be sure she was really asleep before putting her into the crib.

Tonight we watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I have mixed feelings about it. Joel I don’t think liked it, well at least not the beginning, so much so that he didn’t watch most of it. I liked it but felt it started off really slow however there was enough there that it kept me engaged and wanting to know more and see what happened. In the end I think maybe it had to start off slow like that to sell the concept and give the viewer a chance to buy into the characters, not to give anything away, it was long, almost three hours and the last 45 or so minutes I was in and out of tears, so from that aspect I felt it was sad, it made me sad but I really liked it. I suppose the end isn’t really sad, it is just more about perspective. It does move you though and Joel did admit that the end was better than the beginning. Its not giving away too much since you find this out immediately or even through the previews that the story is about a boy born old and getting younger. I was very curious how they would pull that off, and it was creepy, but after a few years of life I totally thought it was really Brad Pitt in makeup but Joel said the entire beginning was CG, not the real brad, but motion captured and CG.. Sadly because it was so good and people won’t realize it, it might get a nomination for make-up, but the effects were really good.

Speaking of Movies, I forgot to mention that we also saw earlier this week the Tale of Desperaux. Joel totally expected it to be a rip off of Ratatouille even though I told him it was not and that it was a children’s novel way before Pixar’s rat movie came out. Joel admitted by the end that it was actually nothing like Ratatouille. The mouse actually totally reminded us of Holly he was fearless and determined, so it was cute to watch it with Joel while she crawled around and played and we could contemplate what she would be like when she grows up. It was a fun movie and original and I recommend it.

This little lion outfit is one of my favorite, there is a silhouette of the lion on the back too. I bought this for Holly before she was even born and I never thought she would be big enough to fit into it, it was a twelve month size, but low and behold, she is wearing it now.. gosh she is so big.

5 comments:

theotherlion said...

I took Punkin to that movie. I thought it was kind of scary. I did like the main character, though, and the movie was very well done. I just think maybe it should have been rated PG because of the violence and creepy rats. *shivers* Of course Punkin didn't seem to mind.

Anonymous said...

Rachel and I are reading the Desperaux book so we can go see the flick. I'm all about reading the book before seeing the movie :) I did that with Twilight and Lauren and she is in so much more love with the books. My evil plan worked...lol

Robin said...

We saw the Benjamin Button movie today, too! I thought it was really charming, and I loved the scenery and special effects, but it was sooooo long! I don't know if I'm just getting impatient as I age, but these days when I see a movie, I'm always wanting to shout, "Editor! Where's the friggin' editor?"

ST said...

I've been wanting to see Desperaux. Glad to hear it's good.

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP