Thursday, January 15, 2009

Out and About

Wednesday was so fun. We started off with our session with Sally. We were fast asleep when she arrived and the door bell woke me up. So I was a little discombobulated, but woke Holly up, got her changed and ready to play. Sally brought the kenesio tape, so we got Holly all set up and then began our stretches. We played and climbed around and had a great session.
Holly has been into exploring so I actually have a built in gate to block off my kitchen, and then I closed the bathroom and office door to let Holly run wild. Usually she will crawl toward the front door; there is space there for her to stand up against the window or boxes. She also likes to use the drums to stand up against the tree, but her new favorite place to go is under the swing, through the exersaucer and over to the mirror.
So her new mirror game which I am pretty excited about is her trying to look behind the mirror to see where the baby and the room are. She finds nothing but a bookcase. She like a door open and closes the mirror over and over peeking into it and then looking behind it. Eventually she gets board and crawls over to her room. Sometimes she only pauses at the mirror before going to her room where she plays with a puzzle and flips through some books. I usually don’t have to intervene until she tries to use the lamp and the trashcan to stand up. They aren’t quite stable enough to bear her full weight. Sometimes she skips trying to stand and goes into the hall and heads towards the heater, in which case I have to also go and get her.

Sometimes the heater stops her before she even gets all the way to the mirror. It is her new favorite standing place (shhh don’t tell Joel) she isn’t supposed to tough it, besides the fact that its not the cleanest, it does have a pilot light on and “could” be hot. But I turned it off. It’s not like I let her sit there and stand and play with it for hours on end, but after telling her no 20 times and picking her up and bringing her back to the toy box another 35 I occasionally just let her climb up on the little lion and reach over to the heater, where she loves to run her fingers up and down listening to the cool echoy sound it makes.

So now its nap time but she isn’t sleepy, we have eaten Lunch so I decide to take Holly to the park. We get all warm and head out. She has a great walk and a fun time at the park. Of course she has her Afternoon poopie while I am out and I change her on a bench, but it was pretty uneventful. We swing, Mommy and Holly both go down the slide and we walk around the jungle gym.


She is intrigued with the sand, and does try to put it in her mouth I yell no a few times and clean off her hands but then get the brilliant idea to give her the pacifier so she doesn’t put her hands into her mouth. She is getting cranky though so we decided to walk to visit Daddy.

We head down to San Pablo which is a busy street and there are cars parked along it, so I have to sort of walk out into the street to see if they are coming, so I wait for the light down on Ashby to change and most of the cars to go by and then I walk backwards out into the street, it just didn’t seem right to go forward pushing the stroller ahead of me. We make it across and down into the neighborhood streets and I call Joel to tell him where we are because his 4:30 break is starting. Well of course Joel left on break early and I all the way over at CafĂ© Trieste getting Coffee. By this time Holly is asleep anyway so I head over to the close by 10th street building and wait for him in the courtyard, I always come prepared with a magazine. Holly stays asleep but we show her off anyways to some of his coworkers and then at 5:00 he has to head to a meeting. She is still sleeping so rather then head home and waste the walk I sit and read my magazine for another 20 minutes and then head home when she wakes up.

In all the excitement of being out and not in the car it is 8:30 before we realize I never went to get the veggie box so I run out and pick it up then. We got another squash which I am sure Joel will make for Holly this weekend. At 7:00 we had a Skype date with Katherine but she stood us up, so we ended up chatting Oma instead. We could see and hear her and she could hear us, but her video wasn’t working, she did the snap a picture button and could “see” us each time she snapped but the live feed wasn’t going through. We chatted anyways while she trouble shot and Holly ate. It’s been Holly TV at our house at dinner time, I think next week we will Skype with Joel’s mom too. It works so well because she is contained and we are being productive and it is easy to chat while she is eating.

Holly had trouble falling asleep Wednesday night and she woke up at 3:30am She has a bit of a diaper rash it is mild I think maybe even a reaction to something, so I changed her first thing so she wouldn’t be too wet in the morning, then rocked her and gave her a bottle, she kept waking back up when I put her down she just wanted to be close to Mommy so after maybe 30 minutes she was sound asleep and I went back to bed. I was so tired though Wednesday night I had went to bed at like 10:45 right after Holly went down, so this sorta shot my good night sleep, by morning I so did not want to get out of bed. Holly graced me with a fabulous nap today though, we had yogurt for breakfast, played then fell asleep at 11:15 to a bottle. I woke up when Joel came home to surprise us at lunch but stayed in bed another 20 minutes until Holly woke up around 1:15. Joel made me a hot salami, turkey, and swiss sandwich and even baked cookies. I am so lucky.

I had initially wanted to go to my mother’s group, which is Thursdays at 9am but after our 3:30 wake up there was no way, so I decided we should go out, actually I was teetering between not wanting to leave the house because I was lazy and making up all kinds of excuses like it was getting late, holy is tired, ect. To trying to convince myself it’s just not that much work, so I didn’t over complicate it and we headed out to Studio Grow. I had never been before, they close at 6:00 and it was just past 4:00. We arrived and looked around. There was a Spanish class going on and one mom told me earlier they had a mandarin class there is an art and science room, an eating and quiet room, a baby crawling room and a big play room. Since it was late in the day and a pretty nice day out it wasn’t that busy so we played in the big kid’s area.

First we played in the ball pit which Holly really liked, she had so may balls she needed to investigate each one, chew them bang them together and even toss a few. Then she decided she wanted to cruise around the pit and later we played peek a boo. I was sitting a fair distance away so when she was sitting in the pit I could see the top of her head then she would peek over the side and I would say peek a boo and she would laugh and she went up and down and up and down again.

Then we played with a little boy named Walter. He was crawling on a ramp with his Mommy and holly decided to crawl over and say High and then use the edge to stand up on. They played for a bit and then she crawled away. There was this cool thing where the kids could ride these little cars down a wavy ramp like a mini roller coaster. At the moment they weren’t so she went over and decided to climb over the wavy ramp and then stand up on the taller side and explore. At this point it went downhill as she bumped her head against the wall trying to stand up. She didn’t bump it hard at all; if we were home she wouldn’t have noticed but these walls are a little rough so I think the bumpy walls sort of scratched her as hit her head.

So I of course jumped up to comfort and console her and realized she also had a poopie diaper. Unexpected since she already had two today. Well I of course, forcing myself to run out of the house I had no spare Diapers.. I mean I had a diaper to change her, but not a plastic insert or outside, and this one was of course messy. I ended up having to take the diaper apart and rinse the insert in the sink and then drying it off and reusing it. In the meantime Holly decided to pee on the changing table, meaning also my diaper bag. I rushed to grab a second diaper to put under her to soak up the pee that had puddle there but her clothes were already soaked. Luckily I had a spare onezie to change her into, but no spare pants. So there she was running around in her onezie and a pair of Panda socks, which would be fine except it is January, I mean it was 70 today, but it was about 5:30 by now so getting chilly at least outside. But I did have a blanket so she stayed warm and survived. Once I cleaned everything up we went to play a little more and then had a bottle and she was whipped. At 6:00 we headed home but she fell asleep, so I decided to run to babies-r-us and get a few supplies. She woke up around 6:40 and we shopped for a few minutes getting basic supplies.

We chatted with Kat tonight during dinner again and she played in the bouncer while we ate. She is doing really good with the bouncing, she is jumping up and down and really starting to have a lot of fun with it. I decided to give her a bottle and without even noticing (I was watching “the office”) she fell asleep in my lap.. It was only 9:25 and she was zonked out. So off to her crib she went.

Tomorrow Katie is coming for an extra session at 9:00am and then we have swim class. I should be off to bed.

No comments: