Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's meme



New Year’s meme… Looking back

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Had a Baby

2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember if I made any or what they might have been, I was pregnant at the time though, so who knows if I kept them. This year I didn’t make any officially either. But now I will remember that for next year. If I didn’t make any does it count as keeping them?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me - do I count?
Tracey…
Heather but it was technically December 2007.
Other Friends who had babies: Marilee, Diana

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Holly’s Great Grandmother Irene

5. What countries did you visit?
None.. I have went nowhere this year.. Well I went to Virginia, Florida, and LA…

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I have everything I want.. but in 2009 it would be nice to have my sister back, she was gone all of 2008.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 11th 2008 Holly’s Birth date
Technically I was in labor all day on the 10th and didn’t have her until 1:13 am that night (Morning of the 11th) so both days will be etched in my mind.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having Holly – But since she can’t be the answer to every question…..
Quitting my job. It was a very scary thing to do. But in the end I think I made the best decision for myself, and for my family and since then I have been living with so much less stress.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t feel like I have had any failures.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had many illnesses, asthma, colds, bronchitis, but I survived. I even survived major surgery. (C-Section)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm… I don’t know. Getting our living room painted technically was January 2008. I love the new refrigerator, which was a good buy. I am quite happy with my Christmas Present, Rock band.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine… Motherhood suits me and it has made me a better person.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine… Going back to work after maternity leave was difficult. I was not a nice person to be around, I was stressed and unhappy and depressed. It has not been easy getting back to my pre-returning to work self, I have my ups and downs, but I am working on it.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmmm.. I am not sure.. in fact, I have to check quicken and make a graph to be sure. Ok, My house.. Mortgage, Taxes, Renovations… Definitely the house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby, being a mom.. and because so many of my friends also had babies

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Wow.. Geeze I have no idea what song. I started out 2008 with the Guitar hero Sound track and Ended it with the Rock Bank one..

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same, Maybe a little happier since the baby is out and I get to enjoy her.

ii. thinner or fatter? About the same .. Maybe a little thinner since I was 7 months pregnant at the time.
iii. richer or poorer? Hmmm… About the same, but I will be poorer in 2009 since I am not working
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Socializing. I lost touch with some of my pre-baby friends and I hope in 2009 I will be able to reconnect and continue to make friends with other baby Mommies.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing.. I am going to try and take things as they come and not stress, I think compared to 1 year ago I am so much better already.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home just the three of us, for several days it was amazing!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes! With my Baby, and her Daddy more and more every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh gee I have too many. Sadly I watch too much TV. 24, Battlestar Galactica, Lost

23. Ack This Question is missing


24. Ack This Question is missing


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I am not the kind of person who typically hates people.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Twilight Series.. Sad I know, but I didn’t have a lot of reading time this year.

27. What did you want and get?
Hmmm.. This is a hard one. I know I wanted things and I totally got them, because there isn’t anything I want now but I don’t know what they are specifically.

29. What did you want and not get?
I got everything I wanted.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm… This is a hard one too.. My movie watching has diminished significantly from at least 1 movie a week, to less than 1 a month. But I did watch a lot I liked.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33. What did I do for my birthday? This year I had Holly and she would have been just 2 months old, so I was probably just enjoying having Joel home for the Holiday (my birthday falls on memorial day weekend)

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing, My year was amazing.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
PJ’s?

34. What kept you sane?
TV… Sad but true.. But after spending all day with the baby it was nice to put my feet up and watch a mind numbing TV show at the end of the day.
Also Joel.. I could not have done any of this without him. he does so much for me.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm…… I don’t know.. By Fancy.. does that mean think is “hot” or thought was cool… My favorite is always Drew Barrymore, and well Brad Pitt Rocks.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
OMG I wanted to completely stay out of Politics this year, the election practically did me in with friends and family on both sides of the coin.

37. Who did you miss?
My Family, particularly my sister.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh gee I don’t know.. Did I meet new people this year?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That my career does not define me.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Holly had a little fish, little fish, little fish.. Holly had a little fish whose scales were blue as sea.”


1 comment:

Umma said...

Heehee...sorry about the missing questions they just didn't apply, I intended to fix the numbering. Oops.

What LiveJournal users did you meet?

and

How many one-night stands?

Heh.