Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TidBits

This is the runner up picture I was going to submit for Joy, but decided on the green Knitted hoodie one instead. This is more "Laughter"

Some other tidbits of fun things Holly is doing. When Joel tried to put her to bed he pressed the button to turn on her blue light water soother toy thingy and she crawled over and hit the button to turn it off, then turned it back on and then off and then on again. It was very intentional and she is really starting to understand that you press buttons to do things.

Another cute tidbit is she was playing near her tunnel and she knows that when you press the orange button the panda pops out. So her animal toy was nearby. She then grabbed the tube to look inside and when she did it her foot accidently hit the lever to pop up the monkey. She dropped the tube and looked over at the toy surprised and then crawled over and shut the Monkey and went back to the tube and grabbed it and then looked over to the monkey to see if it popped up. Pulled the tube again, looked at the toy, tube, toy… Hmmmm it wasn’t happening anymore, so she went back over and tried to get it to open. It was very cute. She is definitely starting to learn the cause and effect, she is so curious and loves to explore.

So last story. We were playing in Holly’s room and it was the end of the day and Mommy was tired and sitting in her glider and reading a magazine and Holly was exploring her room. She crawled around the chair and the foot rest and the crib and into the closet and discovered the blinds in her room and then got board and wanted Mommy’s attention so she walks over and starts tapping my leg and reaching up. She I pick her up and give her a kiss. Behind me are some of her PJ’s that I have not gotten around to hanging up, lying over the back of the chair. She reaches past me and grabs one and puts it over my head and then pulls it down and smiles. So I of course say Peek-a-Boo she laughs and then covers my head again, and pulls it down, and we proceeded to play peek-a-boo for another ten minutes. She was initiating a game. So adorable, makes my heart melt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE-LOVE this picture. It is easily my favorite :)

CarolineThomas said...

That is so cute, peek-a-boo fun!