Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Little Gremlin


Little Gremlin
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Mondays are always blah.. I get used to having Joel’s help on the weekend and then Monday hits me and it is a long long day. Joel didn’t come home for lunch today, he was really busy at work.. This morning I had a Bagel for breakfast, well ½ and then a Banana but I still felt queezy so I didn’t finish the second half. Then since Joel didn’t come home I decided to skip lunch.. But 5:00 I was starving and felt well enough to eat, but didn’t want to ruin my dinner so I had a granola bar, but I was so looking forward to pork chops and rice-a-roni when Joel got home.

Katie stayed for a while, from 12:30 till 2:30ish We played with her big exercise ball, Holly sat on top and laid on it and bounced on it and she had fun. Then when she had enough we played with the tunnel. Holly didn’t so much crawl back and forth then crawl half way through sit and laugh and then go back the way she came. We put the blanket in so it would be difficult for her to get from one side to the other, but then in the end she wanted to crawl back to Katie on the outside which was easier. Then we sat on the Bolster a bit, but she got hungry and then wet and then overall was cranky we did a little more but then it was almost 2:00 and she was hungry and I had been talking to Katie about her gag reflex when eating more cracker like foods so we decided to feed her.

Katie thought she did a really good job. I gave her some Sweet Potatoes Puffs and some Cheese Puffs and Some new Veggie Crackers that Joel just got. She would put them in her mouth and suck and then after a while spit them out and then put them back in again. She didn’t really do a lot of swallowing which is when she usually gags. She didn’t gag while Katie was here and she wasn’t being very cooperative with the eating of her baby food.

Today Holly only had 2 short 45 minute naps and was pretty cranky. But she was fun too. We read stories, played with Puzzles, practiced walking and crawling, Holly played for a while in her room and I had a chance to put away some of her cloths.

When Joel got home at 7:00 we set up the computer to Skype with my sister while I was feeding Holly. Unfortunately Skype wasn’t working on both ends, so she could see and hear us but we could not see or hear her, but she was on g-talk also so we could read her comments and she just liked watching us and “being there” Holly was such a good eater, she finished some Banana-Squash and then she eat an entire container of Apple - Sweet Potatoes.

After dinner Joel and I watched 24, we were very excited about the new season. Holly was so sleepy even when she was playing, or sitting on our lap, or crawling around, she was whining. She finally went to sleep around 10:30. The first time we laid her down was a no go, then she laid in my lap for about 20 minutes with a cool teether and got all happy and sleepy and then we put her down again and she fell asleep.

The new thing Holly is doing at night is sleep crawling and sitting. Yes, sleep sitting and crawling. Tonight we put her to bed and twice she woke up, well not awake, her eyes were closed and she was still sleeping but she was sitting up. A few nights ago she was in a crawling position with her eyes closed and asleep. She would make a whimper and Joel went into her to check on her and he laid her back down and gave her the pacifier and she cuddled back into her blanket. But that night she did it I think twice also. She is definitely going to be a handful, and I have a feeling we won’t be going to a big girl bed for a long time. I worry that it is related to Night Terrors and Sleep Walking.

Well I am off to bed myself now. Bye!

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

Great to hear that Holly is enjoying her food, try not to worry too much about her gagging I know you will anyway but Holly seems to be a girl that likes to take her time on important things and I am sure that it will right itself in the end. One day she will just not gag anymore and you'll wonder why you were worried.
My mum and I had a roast dinner the other day and for a change I got some sweet potatoes and put them in the oven with marshmallows like your relatives did that Thanksgiving. It was something my mum has never had (not a normal thing for people in the uk to eat) and she loved it. It went very well with the meaty gravy although in theory it shouldn't, the sweet and sourness was nice.
You seem to be eating very well, having breakfast - especially fruit and eating granola bars, I am extremely impressed! Do you feel better? I am on a diet and I feel ten times better in myself, food tastes better now I don't smoke and I don't get asthma except in extreme conditions. Have you ever had food allergy tests? There are many links between wheat and asthma. Anyway, all I wanted to say was well done!
xxx