Friday, January 16, 2009

Defiant

So quick story….



I have discovered that my child is defiant. We already know she laughs at me when I say no; well her recent trick is specifically doing things that she isn’t supposed to as if it is a game. She certainly knows how to get my attention… It goes like this.

Crawl crawl crawl.. Oh here is my toy box, lets dump this out and play with my toys… (tip) oh here are all my toys all around me and I am happy as a clam, Mommy is sitting comfortably on the couch not worried at all about me. Here is one toy and another and another, OK playing happily with my toys is too boring.. (Let’s stand up, we can use the toy box to stand up.)

Hmmmm is Mommy watching me? (Looks over shoulder and sees Mommy) Hmmm…. I wonder if she will mind if I stand over here near this self (Check’s Mommy and smiles) Hmmmm… What will she do if I just play with this bin of stuff I am not supposed to touch (turns and sees what Mommy is doing.. Still watching) OK well what if I shut this red lid… (Looks back again… ) She is letting me get away with this… OK what if I reach for these wires… Oooh There she goes she is calling my name… Giggle Giggle (looks back over shoulder again) Giggle Giggle..

(Open the lid.. shut the lid.. Open the lid…) Hmmm whenever I shut it she calls my name.. That’s funny… Ok what if I pull on this bin and try to dump it out (Looks back… Uh Oh here she comes… BIG Laugh) Hmmm… Now I am over here… what other trouble can I get into?

REPEAT!



I realize I must be a neglectful mother as I MUST child proof SOON..... It will just make my life easier.

2 comments:

joeld42 said...

Yes, we are so naive. We thought "maybe we won't have to go overboard babyproofing, we can just teach her not to go for the wires or the heater." Ha! The result is that she learned instead that going for the wires or the heater is the fastest way to summon mommy or daddy! Doh! I'll be busy baby-proofing this weekend.

CarolineThomas said...

That is funny, so well written you have to write more "holly says" wow Holly is so smart (giggles) enjoy your baby proofing :-)