Friday, January 9, 2009

Socialite

Today was a long and busy day. It started by mommy waking up way super early… at 8:00ish I hit snooze though for 15 minutes as Holly hadn’t even woken up yet, but she did before the snooze button went off. Joel who is a morning person changed and fed her as I got ready to get out the door. As hard as I tried, I still barely made it out on time, technically it wasn’t on time since I was supposed to arrive at 9:00 and it was like 8:56 when I left the house, but since it was my Mother’s group, it wasn’t like a strict late and It was fine. What’s worse, the class as I mentioned earlier is in a new building and apparently the parking lot is full in the morning.

Well there is a side lot and I parked there but after getting out of the car I was told that it was in a tow away zone and that lot wasn’t for the medical center and they do tow. There was a “valet” parking in double rows in the main lot, but when I tried to use that they told me that it was only allowed for the cardiac rehab patients so I had to park on the street in a metered spot almost two blocks away and was late.. But on the upside there were three other moms in the lot behind me in the same boat so I was actually like the 4th one to show up.

Five of the other moms there with kids around 20 months old were all pregnant. It was crazy, but I guess that is about the time when you have your second, it was funny because they were dealing with all of the normal almost terrible two things, but wanted to find out if there was a quicker easier way to handle them, because being very pregnant as they were it was tiring. I sat on the wrong side of the room again, as they starting with the discussion on the other and as more and more moms came in and sat in the middle it was 10:58 when it was my turn to give an update or talk about any issues we are having. I wanted to talk about all of the various transitions that Holly is going through, but I didn’t get to say much other then we are ok, we went to Florida just before the Holidays and then it was time as the infant moms started coming into the room and it was chaos.

On the bright side Holly was so excited to be in a social environment again. She crawled all over the room and watched the other toddlers and went up to the other moms and said hello. There were lots of toys for her to play with but best of all, plenty of space and new areas for her to crawl into and cause trouble with. She did plenty of pull ups on the play bin then tried to do the same with a large decorative potted plant it was however tipable, but I saved her before it was too late and kept her away from the pebbles. She had a big poopie explosion during class which I remarkably was able to keep her and all her cloths clean. Then after class I changed a simple wet diaper and she peed. She was on a piece of “paper” that wasn’t very absorbent so it ran up her back and soaked her shirt and her green blanky.

So I changed her cloths got her cleaned up but started off the rest of my day 1 outfit and diaper down. Holly was exhausted by this point; it was way past her nap I was sure I would be able to get to sleep on her own so I started driving and decided to go all the way to Wendy’s for some chicken nuggets and a frosty. Sadly she didn’t fall asleep and was getting more and more cranky. She already had a second morning bottle, and I was trying to watch her bottles as she can only have 7-8 a day, but I knew she wanted another. So I pulled over and gave it to her and she fell asleep a few minutes later. I finished eating my lunch and read some magazines and talked on the phone and holly slept.



When she woke up we went to Tumble and tea and played. We had an amazing time. She started off in the baby area. There was a dad with his two boys; one was 7 months the other 3ish. The 7 month old was bigger than Holly his name was Ty. He was so cute. He was doing the commando crawl across the play area and Holly totally wanted to play. It is strange, everything I have read said babies don’t “play” with each other and they just play next to each other, but I find that to totally not be the case. Holly is very engaging and wants to play with other babies. She will see them with a toy and want to play with it too, but will give it back. She wants to touch there face and is very curious about them.

After letting her wake up all the way and play a little bit I decided to feed her. She ate three times throughout the afternoon. She had Banana, Peach Granola to start with about 2/3’s container. Then about 90 minutes later when she was hungry again I let her have a bottle, and then when she started getting cranky for another bottle I gave her the rest of the Banana. She did so good finishing it I opened up the Apple Sauce and she ate half of that. About an hour later she was fussy again and I tried to feed her one more time, but she only ate ½ of what was left and was very grumpy, so I let her have another bottle. She did really good though.

Tonight after we got home she ate again, we finished the rest of the Apple Sauce, then had some left over bananas from last night, and finally she had some carrots that were fresh made from Daddy. The carrots were in the veggie box and Daddy super steamed them and then put them through the baby food grinder twice. They were still very grainy though so I added some water to mix them up more. She didn’t like them. Well let me rephrase. She ate maybe 5 bites, but each time she made a face almost gagged and stuck her tongue out. But she got them down. So I think it was more about the texture then the flavor.



The other cool thing at Tumble and tea is I let Holly play in the big kid area. We even went down the slide once. She loved it, it was a huge place where she could climb stand up crawl and cruise where everything was something she could play with and explore that she had never seen before and she just had the best time ever. She had so many different kids to play with I can’t even remember all of the ones me met.

There were two 11 month olds, a few 1 year olds and a few older ones like 14, 15, 17 months. Most of the other kids were walking or just learned how. After a while we went back to the baby area again and there was another 7 month old boy who was crawling around that Holly played with and a cute little premmie who was also 7 months old he was just starting to hold himself up in a stand which I thought was amazing for a four month old, then realized he was just so little cuz he was a preemie. He was two months early born 4lbs 5ounces but seemed to be doing pretty well.

On Thursday nights they show a movie in the party room and Holly had a cranky spell. She wanted a second nap, but I was trying to have a 1 nap day so we went into the movie room for some quiet time. It was Curious George. We watched for a few minutes so she could have some quiet time. The little girl next to us was very curious about Holly and well, Holly was very curious about her and wanted to crawl over and say hello. In the end she sat in her lap and watched for another few minutes and then got to wiggly and wanted to go and play some more. She crawled around the slide under the train table behind the play structure against the wall on the cushions and blocks and even on the spinning wheel.



She ended up falling asleep on the way home even without a bottle. I thought about trying to transfer her and keep her asleep but she had only been down for like 20 or so minutes and it was only 7:00 so I woke her. After her snack with Daddy she played and played until around 10:30 and then on her last bottle of the day fell fast asleep. Tomorrow we go swimming. I told three new moms about the class today with 6 months old, so maybe I will see them tomorrow. It has been like 6 weeks since we were at the pool so I am excited.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

Holly is so cute and dainty, obviously she looks like you but she is starting to look a bit more like Joel too I noticed she has changed so much lately.
I wish I could have been there to see her when she was smaller but I will be happy to meet her whenever and I don't feel like I have missed out on anything thanks to the blog. I love the pictures, that looks like a great place to go to, I wish there was somewhere like that for Sam to go to. I will have to research. Thanks for the inspiration!