Monday, June 8, 2009

I Heart Faces - Week 22: My Story in Photo's Vacation Edition



This week on I Heart Faces the theme is, My Story in Photo's Vacation Edition. I haven't been on a vacation for a long long time, in fact the last time I was really on "Vacation" was when we went to Italy.... A few weeks after returning home, I found out I was pregnant. It was two years ago this week that we arrived in Italy.

My original blog posts covering my trip to Florence in 2007 start here:

http://djradiojynx.livejournal.com/104434.html

You can select next entry if you want to see all the posts and all the pictures.

I was reading back over the posts, and our travel day to Florence was a bit crazy and I wrote on Day 2, "Finally we departed the plane and were in Holland. Yeah!!" This in so many ways is prophetic because we were on our way to Italy and landed in Holland, just like the story, "Welcome to Holland" says. Little did we know that during those few short days in Italy we were changing our lives and making a right turn strait for Holland, and would be spending well... The rest of our "figurative" lives there, and so far loving every moment of it..

So before waxing too philosophical, I will share My Story in Photo's, my trip to Italy, the trip that started my journey.

This is an interesting mix, because previously I posted mostly art work and scenic pictures, for this Photo Montage, my goal was to include faces, there are a lot of pictures, but I had 1000's so trust me, I did distill them down.


Italy: June - 2007



Mary, Jackie, Ty, and Joel @ a Restaurant in Bologna.Demon Statue.Devil Head.Jackie finding her way through town.Mary and Ty, Site seeing and taking pictures.Unicyclist in a street fair.Art show on the streets of Bologna.David, Thinking @ the Uffizi.Forelorn statue of a woman and wreath.Its all about the coffee and the food.Cool doorway, everywhere you look there are carvings, and artwork.Museum courtyard.View of Florence from Fiesole.Did I say it's all about the coffee, well yeah.. and the wine too.Warm summer breeze in a cafe.Bike riding in Lucca.Dave and Tracey on the train.Joel at the train station in Lucca.Children playing in the courtyard.Stern elder.Dave, Tracey, and Jackie taking a stroll.Lounging on the train.All Tuckered out.Even the sidewalk was full of art.Jackie and Mary getting ready for an evening out.Evelyn, Mary, and Jackie at dinner.Joel at the Durer Museum.Medusa on a shield.Dave, Tracey and Evelyn at a Cafe.David @ the Uffizi.Joel and David browsing the amazing art @ the Uffizi.Wall sculpture.More Coffee.Neat little mini wine bottles.Furniture store.Lounging at the Apartment.Uffizi clock tower.A statue of a woman with a wreath, isn't she beautiful.Joel at the Pitti Palace.You can see art in everything.Mary walking in Florence.Local Bakery.An Artist doing a chalk drawing on the street.Another restaurant with a view.Ponte Vecchio.Street Performers.Joel in front of the Duomo.Shopping at the street market. Three Statues.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation...beautiful pictures.

Niecey said...

These photos made me smile. Looks like memories to last a lifetime.

Pam D said...

Wow.. what a trip! The part about Holland was so touching... especially the fact that you're loving every minute of your life journey. THAT is priceless...

Puna said...

Incredible trip! Wish I saw more of Venice. It's my favorite Italian city!

CarolineThomas said...

Wow I've always wanted to go to Florence it looks divine! Great photos I would like to see the rest some time. xxx