Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Artichokes

This is a guest post from Holly's Dad. Just thought I'd share a funny story after a rough weekend. Yesterday we stopped at Trader Joe's to get something for dinner. 

As I was unpacking the groceries, I told Holly's Mom,  "I got some baby artichokes. They were on sale!"

She took one look at them and said, "I don't think that's going to work out so well..."


"Nononononoo... ", I said, "They're just little artichokes, not artichokes for babies!"

We got a good laugh out of that one. It's enough trouble feeding Holly yogurt, I wouldn't dare try and feed her these. At least not yet. :)

And they were quite tasty, steamed and dipped in butter with a little sea salt. Mmm.

3 comments:

fragilemom said...

Love artichokes!!!!!

M said...

Love. it. love. it. love. it.

CarolineThomas said...

Hahahahah! That is sooooo funny, awww Vicki you're so cute!

They sound damn good, my mouth is watering - yummmmy!