Friday, May 22, 2009

Crab Cove


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4viVMvW-tU

On Monday Holly and I had a Play date with Aleutia and Cole. Our original plan was to drive out to Shadow Cliff's Lake near Pleasanton and meet a few other mom friend's of mine and go swimming. I was running late and on my way to pick up Aleutia I called Teresa to let her know I would be there in about 45 minutes. She told me that she was headed home and the other mom's were getting ready to leave also. it was only just noon, but it was so hot that the kids could not walk on the sand unless they were wearing shoes, and the littler ones couldn't crawl around. they wanted to go into the water but without some type of swim shoes to walk on the sand they couldn't get to the water, and it was just unbearably hot.

So I arrive to pick up Aleutia and we decided it wasn't worth the ride out there, it seemed like it wouldn't be fun and my other friend's were leaving. So instead we decided to go to crab cove, a beach in Alameda. We installed her car seat and headed over, it was a really nice day out, but on the ocean water there was a nice breeze. The tide was way way out and the beach was muddy and full of water puddles. We set up a archway tent to provide some shade from the sun and had some lunch. I lathered up Holly in sun screen and put on her suit. Cole was eager to play in the mud, but Holly wasn't too keen on getting very dirty.

After a while we headed out to the water. Holly walked the whole way but needed to hold my hand because there were little tide pools and water puddles. We eventually got to the water and she was thrilled. She sat and let the waves lap over her and she splashed and laughed and had a great time. The water was tepid, but a breeze picked up and though she was having fun I had to pick her up and take her back to the blanket. We stayed only a bit more and then went to the picnic area and changed and rinsed off.

We had a fun day. Unfortunately my Camera battery died just as we arrived and I was only able to snap this video of a few seconds. So that is all you will get to see of Crab Cove, until we go again.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

Awww Crab Cove looks like lovely I look forward to seeing more in the future. Wish I could come to the beach with you guys!!