Monday, July 6, 2009

Wee Play

I have know about an Indoor play place called "Wee Play" for months now, but because it is always Mon/Wed/Fri mornings from 10:00-1:00 I have never gotten around to going. It is also in Alameda. A few weeks ago after music class Isabel and I decided to walk over the the Veterans Building (where they set it up in a big Gymnasium) and check it out.

We arrived around 11:40 and it costs 6$ We were hesitant to pay at first, but since it would be open till 1:00 we decided to stay and let the girls play. The first error in judgement, was that they don;t close the front doors to the room, so holly made a game of running out of the doors and exploring the main hallway. She would run on her own, or push out toys. It wasn't a lot of fun for me to have to chase her every few minutes. I prefer an indoor playroom where I can relax a bit, or at least know it is baby proof.They attempted to do a circle sing along but were not very successful. They did have the Roller Coaster push cars that we have played with at Studio Grow and Sarah really enjoyed that. I began to warm up to the place, but then at around 12:20 it seemed as if they were cleaning up toys. At first they would move something and Holly would take it back out, then they were getting more aggressive with this clean up by 12:30. So I complained and asked what was going on. They indicated that they were only taking toys that the kids were not playing with and putting those away. Well I explained that my child runs to a new toy every 30 seconds and if they put them away her options are limited. They kind of just nodded and went on there business. I redirected holly to another area. Then I noticed some play gates had been taken down, I complained a second time, and they said that it didn't seem like there were any small babies who needed them and that they won't take any toys the kids are playing with.

Well then by 12:40 Sarah had been sitting on a Blue Mat playing with some toys and someone lifted her up to take the mat out from under her, and collected all the toys around her leaving her sitting on the hard wood floor with a single item. Well this time I blew a fuse. How Dare they move someones child to clean up, and leave her on the floor, whens he was on a cushioned mat. I paid 6$ for 90 minutes not 60, and the energy that was in the room from everyone cleaning and taking away toys was making Holly very anxious. I demanded my Money back and we left. I won;t be going there again. The toys were all used, there wasn't anything special that she couldn't play with somewhere else, and the room wasn't child proof. For a few dollars more I could have an entire day at Studio Grow, 5 rooms of activities, or for the same price a day at Sadie Dey's. I would have been happy to have spent the money to let her play, but I wanted my full time.

No comments: