Saturday, July 18, 2009

Strawberries: Farmer's Market

We recently met Sarah and Isabel at the Farmer's Market in Richmond. Near the Secret Down Town area we found when we went to the Summer Party at the Pram House, on the street where the Starbucks was. I in fact went in to get a cool cold drink.This would be the perfect place for the Todd-le-Go, its a wrist to wrist fabric that keeps your child connected to you but lets them have some freedom. Once Holly gets used to it, we will have to try it here. She didn't want to stay in her stroller, so I let her out and she pushed it and of course explored.The girls had such a fun time with each other. Isabel bought some fresh strawberries and gave each of them one. Well they ate them with relish and made a mess getting strawberry all over the jacket's pants, and faces. The passer by's were so amused and I am sure it increased strawberry sales.The farmer's market was pretty small. We walked around int he strollers a few times looking at everything and then decided on our purchases. First I got some yummy blackberries and white peaches. They were giving samples and Holly liked both.I also got some fresh Pesto Ravioli's and Lemon Pepper Angel Hair Pasta and the most delicious garlic cheese spread I have ever eaten. At another booth I got some raspberry lemon marmalade hand made in Berkeley.While walking around the market I ran into Raylene a mom who was in my birthing class with me and her daughter. it was so cool to see them after over a year of time.We also ran into several little ones that Sarah and Isabel know from going to story time at the library. So we had fun meeting all her friends.We also went to visit the doggies that were near by. Lots of people were walking them up on the sidewalk and Sarah is such a big fan, so she would wave at them and there owners would stop so she could pet them. Holly Observed but wasn't the biggest fan. She didn't mind them, but didn't want to pet them either. There was also someone playing guitar on the street with an amp. Holly was interested in that, and he plucked a cord just when she was reaching out for it, and she flipped out. it took her off guard and by surprise and she started to cry. But she was fine once we walked on to the next area.While we were there my camera battery died so I only got a few pictures from the actual farmer's market. it is every Wednesday starting around 3:00 or 4:00.When we got home I got a charged battery and let Holly run around int he grass and tried to get a good picture of her strawberry stained pants. Joel thought they were tie dyed. A mom at the market told me that if you put vinegar on the strawberry stain and then dump boiling water over it, it comes out. Joel tried it and it worked.

No comments: