Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Park With Sarah

The other day Sarah came over to play at the park with us. Holly was still napping when she arrived so we met over there about 30 minutes later. My Camera battery actually died, so I only have this one picture of Sarah. She was eating a snack here, and sharing some with Holly too. The later pictures are of Holly at the park on another day.I love this picture, Holly seems so grown up in her jeans and t-shirt, I can't believe how fast she is growing up. We had a lot of fun with Sarah at the park. Her mom brought a shovel and Bucket and some balls. Holly is really starting to learn how to scoop sand. We made up the ball game where they would roll the ball up the slide and it would come back down and the girls would catch it. There were some older kids who wanted to play with us, and Isabel loves this. She used to be a nanny and has a very playful way about her. So we would roll the balls up and the kids would catch them at the top of the slide then let go and roll them down for the girls to catch.At around 6:00 or so Richard, Sarah's dad was getting off of work. He works only a few minutes away in Emeryville near the Peets and public market at some tech company. He parked along the park and came to play. They went down the slide, and he pushed Sarah in the swing, and had a lot of fun. We were waiting for Joel to meet us but he didn't leave work early. Sarah was getting tired and ready for dinner so they decided to take off.Richard helped them to the car and then went to leave himself and realized that he had locked his keys int he car. I felt so bad for him. So I called Triple A and they said they would come in about 20 minutes. Of course it took about 20 minutes on the phone before I got to that point, and then they ended up being another 20 minutes late. By then Joel had arrived at the park and he played with holly while we waited for Triple A. My card was at home, so he had to run and get it for me.Richard Joked that he should break the window and open the car, but I encouraged him to wait. he told me that just a few minutes earlier he had told Isabel that he should go to the lock smith and make a spare key, but she said he should wait and come home to help with dinner and bath time. Talk about ironic. Even worse, that following weekend there car was broken into parked on the street near the complex and the window he joked about was broken. The last bit of Irony, was that when he arrived home his bill for Triple A waited in the mail. He hadn't renewed, but now wondered if he should.We didn't mind helping him out one bit, and Holly was happy to have more time playing in the park. But it has now become our running joke to remind Richard to get his keys when he meets us at the park. After we went to dinner at Barneys. I included these last two pictures of our park from a few weeks ago when there was a school picnic. I don;t think I have ever seen so many people in the park.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Like the pics...the picture with her in the jeans--before I had even read what you wrote, I was thinking how adorable and older she looked in those cute jeans!