Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sweetie Pie


Sweetie Pie
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
On Tuesday after work, we decided to go to Baby brigade to Celebrate my freedom. We invited Dave, Tracey, and Lucian, and were very excited that Dave could leave work early and join us. Lucian has gotten so much bigger in the last 2-3 weeks, his hair has grown, and he is more alert, and he really has transformed from an infant to a baby.

We saw Vicky Christina Barcelona. it is a Woody Allen Movie, and was entertaining. At the Theatre i ran into Isobel, and Sara Marina from my Mother's Group. Isobel starts work in November and was very inspired by my quitting my job, and is thinking about doing so herself. We made plans to get together after my trip to Virginia.

After the movie Joel and I kidnapped Lucian, and Tracey took Holly and we walked over to the nearby Star Bucks for some coffee. Lucian is very squishy and cuddly like a little Buddha. Holly has very high tone and is very tight, so it was neat holding a baby so soft and floppy, he is already 11 lbs, but feels so light, because Holly is so dense.

Once at the Coffee House Tracey and I chatted each with the other's baby, sitting on the table looking at each other. The two of them were quite adorable, and I sadly forgot to get any pictures, as we had so much to catch up on. We were home by 10 and Holly exhausted, fell right asleep.

Wednesday

This afternoon we had a session with Sally. Sally believes in letting the child somewhat lead the session and encouraging what it is they want to do, within reason of course, and today holly wanted to Stand. She is a little young for that, and typically more emphasis is made on crawling positions, but if the girl wanted to practice, Sally wasn't going to stop her. She wanted to make sure she was not locking her legs, as so many babies do, and holly was not. Also, she would sit on her knee and then stand and then sit. Sally showed me how to hold her hands / arms so that her elbows were bent and aligned with her side and shoulders, to strengthen her back muscles, and Holly quite enjoyed it.

Eventually we did get back to the basics, and had some tummy time, and she sat leaning on her side, bringing her legs around, and Sally showed me her hamstring muscles, which were amazingly tight they felt like bones, so when she sits, sometimes she bends her knees and bears down her heals and uses those hamstrings to support herself, ideally she should be using her back muscles and have strait posture, so when you tuck her legs in, as if she is sitting cross legged it prevents her from using those hamstrings to balance. So we tried that.

later in the evening I read Holly 5 books, and we played some more. it was time to practice eating carrots again, which she enjoyed. She is eating quite a bit. Tomorrow we go back to rice cereal again, as I finished the Carrots Container. Then she was so sleepy that she took a nap laying tummy down against mommy's arm, with her little head on my shoulder. It was the cutest thing you could imagine.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

I love reading this stuff, it's almost like being there, almost like I have met little Holly and I know her somewhat.
I have bought her some presents, I can't find your address so can't send them but the thought is there. Perhaps you could email me your address then I can send them?
I saw the cutest little Christmas things in town the other day too so expect more nearer then.... ;-)