Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh?


"Oh?"
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Saw this on Photo mommy's Page.

All About Me and My 1st Baby Meme - those fun details about my pregnancy and 1st delivery.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes, 9 and 1/2 years, together almost 15.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Super excited, In awe, amazed.

3. How old were you? 32

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Took a test, 3 times, I thought I got my period 17 days prior, but then started to feel nauseous. it was all very confusing.

5. Who did you tell first? Joel, called him into the bathroom, he was sleeping and didn't want to get up. he had no idea I was taking the test. Then I took a picture, and kept it a secret for a few weeks until after the first ultrasound at 9 weeks. Then emailed the pictures of both to my mom and joel's mom.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, I could not wait to find out, but I was sure it was a girl.

7. Due date: March 1st 2008, but technically she was due on Leap Day, but the day after the 28th on the chart was the 1st, in reality the day after was the 29th (leap day)

8. Did you deliver early or late? 11 days late, I was so happy about that, since I worked until my due date, and then the next week I got to lounge around the house on my leave, until she came.

9. Did you have morning sickness? I did not vomit once. I felt nauseous a few times in the beginning but then started eating something every 2 hours and was fine.

10. What did you crave? Every few weeks I would crave something. I just had to have that thing, but each time it was something different. I also craved and missed fruit during the 2nd half.

11. Who irritated you the most? No one really, I don't think.

12. What was your first child's sex? Female

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? For the first 7 months I gained no weight. During the last 2 I gained 17 lbs, almost all during the last month.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I had gestational diabetes. This was hard later when I was craving fruit all the time. and there was too much sugar.

15. Where did you give birth? Alta Bates Medical Center, Berkeley, CA

16. How many hours were you in labor? 67, and I was in Triage 3 times the week before for various reasons.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Joel, after 2 days of labor starting on a Saturday we went to the OB on Monday Morning. I was three centimeter's finally. So he said to go to the Hospital even though my contractions weren't at 4.1.1 Instead of going right to the hospital we went home to get all my stuff.

18. Who watched? Joel, both of our families live in Florida, and my sister is in the peace corps.

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? C-Section, After taking Pitocin for several hours, I never progressed passed 5 centimeters, The Dr. said c-section at 11:00 PM Monday, but I wasn't prepared, he said he would give me one more hour, so she ended up being born at 1:13 am Tuesday morning.

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yes, Epidural to start, after 50 hours of labor, I was ready. Plus with the Pitocin the contractions are pretty bad. Then with the c-section I had no choice.

21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs

22. What did you name him/her? Holly Zamira

23. How old is your first born today? 7 months on Saturday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating!