Thursday, October 9, 2008

Postcard


Postcard
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
So I went to daycare to get Holly, and they decided that they would give me 1/2 refund for the month of October. I was very happy to hear that and have the extra Money. That did mean that I had to bring all of her stuff home with me. I got her formula, and wipes and diapers, her blankets and toys, and extra cloths and bottles, but alas, I forget her teethers, I will have to get them when I go and visit after my trip and pick up the refund check.

After bringing all of her stuff to the car we went to pick up daddy. He was trying to finish up a project, so we went into the office and waited for him in this cool conference room area. There were comfy couches and we sat and played for about 20 minutes waiting for Joel to finish up his project. I was on my way to a professional dinner, for work and Joel was going to stay home with Holly. It was nice to get out and not have to worry about her, and it was a great dinner at a place called mint leaf, a Vietnamese restaurant.

Tomorrow Joel will stay home with Holly while I go into work for my last day, and to a off-site meeting, for that same professional organization. Then I get home and finish packing, though I did most of it tonight, and we are off to the Airport.

Joel and Holly had a lot of fun playing today, they had some piano practice, and she was super energetic as usual. I think she is beginning to learn both object permanence and cause and effect. While we were playing and waiting for Joel, I had my keys sitting on the couch, Holly began to try and reach over for them to play with them, but could not reach. She stretched and pulled and tried to literally crawl over to them, then she decided to pull on the strap of the bag which brought the keys close enough for her to reach them, she was very impressed with herself. When she pulled the bag down she left her pacifier underneath it, so when she was tired of playing with the keys she looked under the bag to get her pacifier and pushed it back up again. I was pretty amazed.

She wants to move, and reach and explore, its only moments away.

BTW - This is a picture of Holly reading a postcard from her granny preparing for her trip to Virgina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...you guys just don't do enough do ya ;-)