Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So Much Energy


So Much Energy
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Today was a fun day. I picked up Holly around 5:00 and we stopped at Joel's work to visit him. He is in a new office for the next 6 weeks to mingle with them and support the software he developed. So we got to see his new desk, and meet all the new people. Usually we visit the R&D group, all hard core programmers, but now he is sitting with the artists, so they all ran over to see Holly, and thought she was amazing. Two of them just had babies that were 8 and 9 months old, so we joked that we should arrange a playdate.

After a short visit Holly and I went home. While I was unloading the car I saw a mom walking with her baby who looked familiar, and she asked me, you are in swim class right? and I said I was and recognized her. Well she lives like 1 block away, her baby Alex is 11 months. She said that she wondered who lived in my house for months, because a while back, someones mom, mine or Joel's saw her walking and said, there is a new baby here. And then pointed out that the hedge in front of my house is shaped like a Bunny. She had lived in the neighborhood a few years and never noticed.

So she was excited to learn that It was me, someone she knew from swim class. We decided that next time we see each other at swimming we will exchange emails and plan a playdate.

I know this sounds cheezy, but I was thinking of making Holly and Mommy Business cards, with our names, info, maybe a picture, and our email address, and phone number. So then I can give them out to other moms I meet and they will have my contact info easy. Anyway it was exciting to meet her, not in a crowd of like 30 other mommy/baby couples, and learn she lives really close.

Holly was amazingly fun and energetic tonight and my goodness, it is like she thought, hmmm... I am almost 7 months old and I should be babbling by now, so let me start. She would not quiet down at all, and was saying ma babababababa mamamama bababa maba all night long. It was amazingly cute, and very intentional. When it was quiet she would stop, and when we were talking or had the tv on she would join into the conversation. late my mom called and I put her on speaker so she could hear Holly, but Holly decided to get all shy and intrigued with the phone and the disembodied voice, she tried to eat it and was quiet disturbed hearing it, come from the phone, she was quiet and wouldn't say anything.

Once I hung up she was hungry and fussy but started to babble again. She drank her bottle and fell fast asleep. Well I am off to get stuff down before bed, so talk more later.

2 comments:

CarolineThomas said...

Your day does sound like a lot of fun and you're right, Holly is sooooooo cute she really makes me smile. She does look just like you! She looks like Joel too thought, she has a different mouth to you and actually I may be alone in this but I see a lot of Alan in her. Some expressions.
I loved reading all your history stuff even though I know most of it, it was lovely to see the pictures again and for me to prove to my other friends that I am not lying about your unusual upbringing lol. They were all very impressed hehe. You looked so beautiful on your wedding day!
Thanyou very much for the lovely comments you wrote on my blog, you always know exactly the right thing to say to make me smile - then cry because I miss you so very much.
It was nice that you know me so well and know about my fascination with religion and science I don't have to explain anything with you. I love reading your blog, you are just such a fantastic mum, tugs the heart strings. I will be sending the pressies tomorrow when I get paid, thanks for the address. I have been looking at all the 'baby's first christmas' stuff in town there are so many things I wish I could buy and send. Mum and I were remembering Sam's first christmas and she got his little Santa outfit out, it is so cute. We were thinking of sending it over for Holly to wear but I don't think she wants to part with it.
I've been looking at all the cute little dresses but worry that it's so much hotter over there than here, everything over here at the moment is warm and woolly.
I was reading your blog and noticed that you said Holly had grown out of her 'onsies' we call them babygrows and I was going to buy some then I saw you had bought some lol so I bought something else.
She has so many books, toys and needs nothing so it was difficult to find something she didn't have. The thing I bought, at the time I hadn't seen her with in any of the pictures so I thought I was genius to find something but then the recent pictures she has so I can't win. Holly has everything!
I love seeing all her toys and outfits I think it's fantastic that you are such lovely parents. I also really really smiled when I saw the comment 'Holly is our first child' because you may have more, Woot! I say keep 'em coming!

CarolineThomas said...

I meant to say she looks like Joel too though, not thought. :-)