Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Girl - Busy Week

So it has been a few days since I have updated, we have been having a good week so far. Today, Tuesday was a long day, in the morning we went to the pediatrician to do the second half of Holly’s flu shot, I was amazed at how good she did, she cried for about 30 seconds, gave me a kiss and was fine. Since it was just a little pin prick, and the fluid going in was less than other vaccinations, it wasn’t so bad. I wish they were all that easy.

Next we had to go to the lab and do my post partum glucose test, yeah I know it’s like 4 months overdue, but it takes 2 hours and it is hard to find that much free time, since my insurance is changing I wanted to do it before the current one expired so there would be no hassle. It took 30 minutes before they would even see me, and then they did the first blood draw, then I had to drink the yucky sugar water, they only had orange, and sit for 2 hours.

We did take a walk to the park across the street, I was trying to get Holly to go down for her nap, but she didn’t want to fall asleep and I was using too much energy burning off the sugar, so we went back to the lab. She did eventually fall asleep, so I started Eclipse, the third book in the vampire series I am reading. We then did the next blood test, and holly was still napping, I didn’t want to wake her by transferring her into the car, so we went back to the park and I read for about another hour while Holly napped. She hadn’t taken a nap that morning, so she was really tired.

After she woke up we headed over to tumble and tea, so I could eat lunch since I had been fasting for the blood test, but they were closed, they normally close at 3:30, but recently sent out an email that they were extending their winter hours to 7:00, when I got home I realized the new hours were not going to start until November. So we hung out at the house and played for an hour, until it was time to leave for the movie. It is baby brigade night, and we went to see Appaloosa.

It wasn’t like I was super looking forward to the movie, it’s a western, it was mildly entertaining, but not great. I mainly went because Joel was out of town, he was doing a presentation at Sonoma State today, and didn’t get home until 9:00, so it was nice to have dinner and a movie. Holly had fun playing, and seeing her friends, Ila was there and we met a new baby who was 5 and ½ months old whom I saw drinking a sip of water from its dad’s water bottle, I was very impressed with its sipping skills, and had to go introduce ourselves, and ask how old she was.

Holly fell asleep on the way home, but then woke up around 9:45, so Joel got to feed and change her and play with her for a few minutes before she fell back asleep.

Monday was another super busy day, in the morning I tried twice to feed holly Carrots, which she is supposed to like, on the second try I added in a spoon of oatmeal to thicken it a bit, but she is getting really good at keeping her mouth shut and not getting any bites, and now she is using her tongue to push the food out. In the afternoon we went to pick up some craigslist items, I got a cool 11x17 white board with calendar squares on it, it will come in handy for doing monthly calendars on shopping, feeding Mack, and other stuff like that. Then we went to pick up an exersaucer, it was only 25$ and it was the ultra evenflo, so it had like 8 toys on top, it is very cool and I know Holly will love it.

Then I decided to head out to Costco, I decided to join and get a membership so that I could try and save some money by buying in bulk, specifically a friend told me that formula was cheaper and in a larger container, so I was excited by that. They also have discount gas. Costco parking is always a zoo, so I was waiting for a spot for like 10 minutes, since they don’t bag your stuff it takes a while to unload into the car, and it was an older couple, so I am waiting and then realize there is a car in the other lane waiting for the same spot, I try to get his attention, and begin to park, the guy nearly hit me rushing into the spot and taking it, then the guys yells out of the car.
So I decide to get another spot, I see another old couple a few cars down, so I pull up to wait, which puts me behind this guys car, so then he gets out and yells at me, and says maybe if you would get your blinker fixed people would know your trying to park. Well I had honestly forgotten that the blinker was broken, but still he didn’t have to freak on me, I thought about yelling back, but just said, I have a 7 month old baby, and can’t live without my car for three days, he throws his hands up and goes back into his car and sits there, after I park and get out of the car and walk into the store, he is still sitting in the car, so I am not really sure why he had to rush to steal my spot if he was going to just sit there.

Inside Costco I got my membership, and they let me put Holly in the photo, so it was quite cute. Then I went shopping, and it was a bit overwhelming, Joel didn’t want me to get too many perishable bulk items, so they wouldn’t go bad, and I was still going to the regular store, but I somehow ended up spending over 200$ I did get a lot of stuff and I was able to get all of it into the cupboards so that was good. I was able to get a bunch of staple items, like pasta and formula, and I did end up getting some frozen chicken, it was so much cheaper I couldn’t pass it up.

Next we stopped at the bank and deposited my last work check, I had been holding onto it since the 10th and this was my first chance, and then we went to Luckys and did the rest of the grocery shopping. It was nice to have the fridge full again, we had pretty much emptied it before going out of town and hadn’t had much time to fill it since we got back, then I went and picked up one more craigslist item, a kids guitar. It was only 8 dollars, Holly is way too little for it, Joel doesn’t think she will be able to use it until she is like 4, but still it was so cheap and I know I want one, and couldn’t help myself. I am going to stay off craigslist for a while; there is so much good stuff on there.

Sunday was a very laid back day. I don’t think we left the house. Joel was working on a script for a contest, and we basically just hung out and played all day. He made a pot roast, and he basically just told me how wonderful his weekend was. I don’t think we really did anything special, but just spent the day together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That top pic looks a lot like you :)

CarolineThomas said...

That is sweet, nice when you guys can just sit and chill with eachother at the weekend. Craigslist sounds very scarey, I would spend a lot of money on there I can tell, even if I can't tell what it is. Is it like Ebay? Sam has one of those guitars by the way and he might not be able to 'play it' but he loves it and certainly makes a lot of noise on it.
Sounds like you have a lot of extra time on your hands now while Holly is asleep, have you been knitting?