Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two Dads


Two Dads
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 16 Saturday 8/2

Today Holly was "blowing Raspberries" all morning at her granny and Daddy. Apparently last night she was practicing for only me, and today she wanted to show off her new skill to everyone. It is quite adorable. So I am not sure how well so much sugar worked out. At 6:30 am she had a very watery poopie, and yesterday she went at 2:00, so it wasn't even 24 hours, which is the minimum for her usually. Tonight, I waited again until she was sound asleep, and at around 12:30 AM I gave her 4ml Apple Juice, with 25 Dose of Minocycline and 4 pinches of sugar. This was a little more apple juice then the night before, and a little less sugar. it wasn't quite as easy, but about half way through I got her to take a few really big sucks and swallow most of it, after the first ten minutes of it dripping slowly. Then it was just the last sip or so. I tricked her by getting her to suck on her pacifier, then switching them. It seemed to work ok.

Today she did the usual. We watched the rest of baby da vinci, read her holly book, and many other's sang songs, she made pie with granny, played in ocean time and had a lot of tummy time on both aqua duck and her quilt. She has a triangle play center and she will watch the knobs spin and the pieces move while on her belly, then roll off when she is tired of it.

She also had a lot of naked baby time and a very long massage. We did several stretches, and she really got almost 30 minutes of play, massage and naked baby time, before she started to get hot and sleepy.

We went out in the afternoon with Lucian and his parents, to eat Indian, and the smells and music were all very exciting to her. She sat in my lap and looked and watched everything. Viks the restaurant was very warm, and she was getting tired and cranky but too much was going on for her to sleep, she wanted to be part of the action. even amidst all the chaos, she let me know when she was wet, and once I changed her she was somewhat less fussy.

Last night I tired to bring her into bed with me to sleep, and she was sorta falling asleep, but she was too cranky. Normally she gets to sprawl out on the bed, and I sing to her, but with both mommy and daddy there, it wasn't like her normal morning nap, and she didn't like it, so daddy got up with her. This was when she had the bad wet poopie, so that could have been why she would not settle down, but then daddy rocked her to sleep. In the afternoon she also played in her crib for about 10 minutes she has a very interesting mobile that she never gets to use because it distracts her when she is trying to sleep, so she watched it for a while.

She has been grabbing her legs and feet, and her daddy reported that she was pulling on her feet and hand in a coordinated way, and definitely making improvement. I have also noticed that Holly is very long waisted and this makes her center of gravity a little different and her legs shorter, so in order for her to reach her foot into her mouth, she needs to also be able to hold her but up into the air, which requires doing three things at once. During her massage I had her slightly tilted upside down, so her head was a little lower then her butt and with this extra leverage she was able to get her toes into her mouth. She didn't do it for long and I didn't keep her upside down too long, though it is a game she likes, but she keeps trying to eat those toes.

Also, she held her bottle completely on her own, for about 3-5 minutes. She tries to do this a lot, but usually gets over zealous, if her hands aren't even she will end up apply more pressure on one or the other and it was push over, but today her hands were up close on the rim and she was able to sustain it. Then she began to chew on the nipple, as she wasn't actually super hungry, it was amazing, I wish I got a picture of it, but I am sure she will do it again soon enough.


The teething was not as bad a usual today, she was still chompy, but didn't seem to be angry about it. I could just be reading into this, but I think she is having more "your not my mommy anxiety" and a few times she has gotten upset and only I can sooth her, I am starting to worry about daycare some more, but they said i can bring her there with me for a few hours on a few different days so she gets used to it, and the teacher's so I hope this will make a difference.

Of yeah, the other thing I wanted to point out is she is consistently crossing the mid-line with her right hand to reach for things that are on her left side, she will grab with both hands, or her left, but she also crosses to grab with the right on the left side. This wasn't just one time, and this is listed as a older child skill. Holly is 20 weeks this week, and she will be 5 months old in 9 days.

No comments: