Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Think I'm Feeling Better


I Think I'm Feeling Better
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Wednesday 8/27

It has been a long week so far, but Holly is getting slightly better. her fever peaked i hope at 102.6 last night, but then when she woke up she decided it was playtime, and didn't want to sleep any more. She fussed and cried until we gave in. We turned on the lights and got some toys and let her sit and play for about an hour at 3am on the bed. She was so happy and content, that even though we were both exhausted from being slightly sick ourselves and not getting any sleep, it was so much fun. Her fever was gone, but mostly because it was about 5 hours into her last dose of Motrin. This morning she was pretty cool, but she is back to 99's again this afternoon. We cancelled Sally and i forgot about Simone coming over, but i sent her away, as she sees other moms with babies. Holly took a short nap in her swing, and another nap right now, but she is eating a bit more and she had a big poopie today so I think she is on the mend. I actually put some cloths on her, even though she seemed hot in them, in my mind it made her feel like she was getting better and that i trusted her not to vomit all over them, but I was worried about her getting a chill. She liked the fan, and i didn't want to have to turn it off. This weekend she had 31 ounces of food on both Saturday and Sunday, huge growth spurt, but being sick she only had about 20 ounces on Monday and Tuesday and only 5 wet diapers, but the advice nurse said as long as she has one every 8 hours, she is going about every 4-6 depending. I have had a headache for a few days, and I am stressing about going back to work. HR was supposed to turn my email back on but they have not and it is annoying me. When I am sick I am cranky and things really get on my nerves. Joel has been great. He slept in till 11 and worked through lunch, but he was up with us from like 2-4 am last night and Holly slept in the bed this morning at 7am so he slept on the bottom of the bed, I felt bad for him, but only in retrospect, as at the time, I was happy holly was back asleep and I just wanted some rest myself, the fact that the 14 pound goblin was taking up more then 1/2 the bed didn't bother me. Mom and dad were content to share the other half. I need to make myself some lunch so I will write more soon.

No comments: