Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Butterflys


Butterflys
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 20 Wednesday 8/6

Today Holly's PT Sally came over. Holly was propping herself up and pushing with her arms. Sally tried a figure 8 cloth stretchy apparatus on holly that was to pull her arms back. She thinks it works, stills allows her to use her arms, but pushes her shoulders back. These were trials ones to see which material works best and she will make one with snaps for holly to use.

Today was more of the same, ocean Time, Tummy Time, Stories, Singing, Dancing, Baby Massage. Today I was watching the Human Baby show, that talks about children's development and holly was very intrigued with watching the babies in the studies on TV. During her massage and naked baby time, holly got fussy and I wasn't paying attention to what she was trying to tell me, then a moment later she peed on the blanket. I wish I had listened, but thought it was great she was telling me she needed to pee.

Today I also gave holly some upside down time. She was slightly reclined with her butt raised. This made it very easy for her feet to reach her mouth. She plays with them all the time now, but can't reach her mouth easily, because lifting her butt is hard work. So with this incline she was able to chew on her toes. It is a very slight incline and she was happy and content to play with her feet for about twenty minutes while I straitened up around the house and checked email.

This morning she was unable to nap, and took a very long afternoon nap. She was teething in the evening, and grabbing chewy toys, and reaching for them. Joel told me that this morning when she woke up she had pulled a stuffed animal out from the other side of her crib and was chewing on its toe, as the toe was all wet. Today i decided to read to her from her cloth books, so she could play with them when I was done. One is called tails, and she liked to grab and feel the different tails, and she chewed on this book for a long time.

I forgot to mention the other day Joel read to her a dinosaur pop up book and she really liked this. I also have a scanimation book where the animals move and she likes this one also. She had her last meal at 9:30 and at 1:30am I gave her 4 ml Apple Juice 25 dose Minocycline with 3 pinches of sugar and she ate it down in a few sips without waking. Tomorrow I will try and remember to brush her teeth since she is getting so much sugar.

No comments: