Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Play Date


Play Date
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Day 19 Tuesday 8/5

Today holly was very low key. We read several stories in the afternoon, and she paid very close attention. One was a word book, labeling things around the house. We also watched baby Beethoven, and Baby Van Gogh. She liked both. She even watched one on her own for about ten minutes while I straitened up. We also watched Baby's First Moves. This one was totally fun. We danced, shaked, jiggled, had tummy time, reached, Played peek-a-boo. She was very interested in watching the movements of the other babies and had lots of fun bouncing shaking and dancing.

In the afternoon she had a play date with Miriam and Issac. She showed Miriam how she plays in ocean time, and they read a book together. She enjoyed watching Miriam and Issac, but didn't interact with them much, and then took a nap. Later we had a nice massage and some naked baby time. She has been playing with her feet more and more. She was smiley today, but also very quiet. I think this is because mommy was sleepy this morning, perhaps my low energy rubbed off on her. Also we had workers in the back yard with a concrete saw, which made a loud noise all day.

She was a little fussy in the evening and was tired but not going to sleep, mommy rocked her to bed easily after a bottle at 8:30. At 11:30 I gave her 4ml of Apple Juice with 25 dose of Minocycline and 3 pinches of Sugar. She gulped it down again in her sleep. We did some tregger massage techniques that a friend showed me, which is more like caressing, or a relaxation technique, I think it helped keep her mellow, but I don;t know if it made her any looser. We did do some stretches, and we did these during upside down baby time, it gave me a chance to lengthen her neck, with her head pulled away from her shoulders, I could get in there more and massage that area, but I didn't want to keep her upside down too long.

She also played with a rolling toy today, that when you push it it rolls back at you. This amazed her and she watched it for about 15 minutes, I would push it and it would come back and she would watch it go back and forth and really liked this. She sat between my legs and I put the toy between hers and pushed it.

No comments: