Sunday, August 17, 2008

Moo Cow


Moo Cow
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 31 Sunday 8/17

Holly has been quite amusing today. Mom went out this morning for a massage and she played with daddy. They watched baby Einstein, read books, played ocean time, and balanced on Holly's Ball. Joel said she was fussy, and grumpy but not hysterical. When I walked through the door, they came into the living room and when she saw me she made the biggest smile I had ever seen and started to laugh she was so happy, I have never had such a reception, she was so happy to see me.

We played in the afternoon, had some tummy time. Holly has a bouncy Ball, and it is about the height of her shoulders, she can stand and lean against it, or when I roll it she is balancing on her belly, if I put her on it backwards, then she can stretch her head and shoulders back. We played with this some also. I read her a few books, more of the touchy feely ones which she liked. She seems to have 3 teeth coming in now, a second bottom one and maybe a top one, so her teething was pretty bad today.

In the late afternoon we had to go run errands, and when I put Holly in her car seat, she had just eaten, and been changed and was about ready for a nap, she was again being a jokester. I would lean my head in towards her and she would start to laugh and laugh, she is just learning how to laugh, so sometimes the line between a laugh and a cry is close, both are a release of emotion, but she was happy. no matter what I did everything I did seemed to crack her up. It was adorable, and we took a short video of it. She fell asleep on the drive to best buy, and while we were in the store woke up. She was happy and played quietly. We walked over to babies are us, and she just looked around. Once back in the car she was fussy, and hungry, but was ok once we got home and fed her.

She has been getting more grumpy the later it gets, and fell asleep pretty early tonight. She last ate around 7:30 and I gave her a 25 dose of Minocycline at around 11:00 in 4 ml of apple juice and 3 pinches of sugar. She woke up again around 12:45 and had a 4 ounce bottle and is now fast asleep.

I was talking to my mom about Holly's "Panic Attack" and my mom does not think it is panic or anxiety attacks but "hysteria" uncontrollable emotions. she said that when she was little, and even a teenager, and her mother as well, both had fits of hysteria. When something did not go there way, my mom would cry so hard she would be shaking and make herself sick, and wrapped up in a ball shacking. My grandmother was more violet with her outbursts and would throw things. So my mom thinks her fits sound more like uncontrollable release of her emotions and not anxiety or panic. Its so funny that the Fragile X doesn't come from my mother, as there are so many signs that would point to her side of the family, but it doesn't.

No comments: