Friday, August 1, 2008

Swimming


Swimming
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 15 Friday 8/1

This morning mommy was very tired and slept in, but Daddy and Granny met Katie Holly's OT at 9:00. They played in Ocean time, practicing rolling onto her side, and she stayed on her tummy for a very long time in Aqua duck. Also Katie has her sitting, and leaning forward and kicking her feet on Aqua duck which she really likes. They did stretches, and the other usual activities. After about 45 minutes she got cranky, but then she had her second wind, and went another 30. By 10:30 she was napping with Mommy.

After her nap she read several stories, and watched some baby Einstein. This episode was Baby Da Vinci, and it was all about the body parts. First the Eyes, then the Ears and then the Mouth. It is probably coincidence, but when the mouth part came on she kept touching her mouth, and she hadn't been doing that during the eyes and ears section. Also last night she was laying on daddy on the floor on her back, and from that position she rolled onto her stomach, and stayed there playing, and doing some tummy time. Daddy's belly is cushy and angled so it was comfy. I was surprised to see her roll onto her belly.

This afternoon was swim class with Granny and Mommy. We dunked underwater twice which she liked. She was super kicky today, and very chewy. She was reaching for the floating toys, the little fish, and of course loves the red lobster. She was super interested in the other babies today, Sophie, Iko, Cole, and Scarlett. She didn't really splash except once, and I think this is because she is still tight, but when mommy splashes and gets her face wet she does not mind at all.

This evening Holly was so very cute. We played a new game. I will try and get video of it if I can. But when one sticks out there tongue and purses there lips and blows you make like a puttering sound. Joel apparently has been doing this will Holly all week to try and get her to imitate him, and I did not know. Tonight I was sticking my tongue out at her, and then I started making that noise/face and it cracked her up, then she copied me, several times she would stick her tongue out and make little spit bubbles and noise and try to do the same thing as me. Joel only saw her once. I would do it, and she would laugh and chew her fingers when he was watching her, then he would leave and she would do it back at me. It cracked me up. I totally think that my laughing at her was such positive reinforcement that she kept doing it over and over. We must have played this game for like thirty minutes.

Also this evening we sang songs, played patty cake, played upside down baby, which she anticipates, and knows when you are about to put her upside down. We were doing stretches, and these make her laugh, her chest is very ticklish when I stretch it out. She sat in her bouncer but only for maybe 10 minutes. During dinner she was in her swing because we thought she was tired and ready for a nap, from her long day swimming, but she was getting fussy. The swing was not facing us, so I moved it over to the table, and turned it to swing side to side, and i got her a bunny toy to hug and chew on. She could now look at us, and she played in her swing for most of dinner, when she started to get tired she made little whining noises and I found her pacifier and she was happy, then I simply had to keep putting it in until she fell asleep.

This was about 9:00, we were playing a board game by this time, and then Joel and I went to a movie, as she had just eaten, and I didn't want to wake her. When I got home at 1:20 I gave her 3ml of Apple Juice with 25 dose of Minocycline and maybe 5 pinches of sugar. I tasted the mixture with 2 pinches and it was awful, just a tiny drip on my finger tip tasted bad, so I added in more sugar, until it was bearable. I hope this sugar isn't going to give her diabetes or something, and isn't too bad for her. I turned her swing off, but didn't move her, and stuck the medicine bottle into her mouth, in like two sucks, she drank all of it but a last drop, which I then squirted into her cheek. This stirred her a bit, but then she went back to sleep. No fuss, no spit up, and it took less then 5 minutes. Perhaps it was luck, maybe it was the sugar. now I am just hoping she stays asleep at least another hour and doesn't wake hungry.

No comments: