Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rhino


Rhino
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 30 Saturday 8/16

This morning, mommy slept in. Holly was again pretty fussy, but had her moments, more whining and whimpering, not real tears. She watched Baby Einstein, First Moves, which she liked and played in Ocean Time. Later she had some tummy time, watched Baby Einstein Language Nursery, which mildly distracted her from her fussyness. Joel and I kept passing her back and forth all day, she would cry when he held her, and stop as soon as I took her. She was over tired and I rocked her to sleep for several short naps. I read her 5 books, which she paid attention to. One was a texture book which she reached out and felt while I was reading it. Later Joel read her 4 books, and she was actually happy at that point.

She was again teething all day, happy most of the time when she had her frozen teether. Surprisingly the cold doesn't hurt her hand while she held it into her mouth. She wasn't very playful, and was peeing a lot. However I did see a glimmer of her normal self in the afternoon, after one of the diaper changes I was putting a new outfit on her and blowing on her chest and belly and she was laughing hard and touching my face, getting my nose and mouth and cheek and she was in a good mood, but it was short lived. We had the Olympics on in the back ground, but she didn't even watch that,

She basically watched mommy the entire day. She was happier if I held her, and whimpering with daddy, and watching me, her eyes said, why aren't you holding me mommy so I took her back much of the time. Last night was heart breaking, and I don't know how I will go back to work if this is what happens when I leave her in day care. We received the Hanen infant communication book, and will start working on it. I have flipped through it, and already do many of the activities listed, but will try to be more methodical about it moving forward.

Holly slept from about 6-10 she woke up in a much better mood, she was smiley and seemed rested. She was hungry and played quietly after eating and fell asleep in about 15 minutes. I gave her a 25 dose of Minocycline at 1:15 in 4ml of Apple Juice with 3 pinches of Sugar. She has been moving around a lot in her sleep lately, last night we had to move the monitor camera in her crib because she was reaching for it and trying to chew on it. I have not really been swaddling her in her sleep for the past few weeks either. She seems to be sleeping ok with out it. I do have a large size swaddler that I may pull out if the teething gets too bad, as the swaddling seems to help. She does whimper in her sleep and chew on her lips.

No comments: