Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sick Day


Sunday 8/31

So it was not a good night last night. Holly woke up every 2 hours or so wanting to eat, and we could only give her a very small amount of food so she did not puke it all up. Then she would want to stay awake and play, or be over tired and fussy and not sleep. We were up with her until 6am, and at that point, I finally moved the co-sleeper next to the bed, its at the food of the bed, so we slept backwards, so i could lay down with my arm on her holding her pacifier and giving her some weight and security. She fell asleep in like 2 minutes once I did this. She did wake back up at 8:30 and Joel got up with her and then took a nap on the chair. I slept through the alarm and was late to my massage. Joel and Holly had a very rough time while I was gone, she puked some more and was pretty miserable. But when I got home she was so happy to see me that she played for at least an hour. We read stories and played a fun bouncy and standing game, and practiced her crawling stance.

Joel went to take a nap and I decided I wanted to get some gripe water. Holly was cranky, and I was giving her only 2 ounce bottles, and she would cry at the end of each bottle wanting more, but if I gave her more before an hour passed, she would puke what ever I gave her, so I had to simply deal with the wining till an hour passed, so she was never satiated. I decided if she was unhappy anyways we might as well go out. So we went to Baby's R us while Joel napped. I got more bottles to take to daycare, some duplicate toys for daycare, and of course they had a bunch of cloths on clearance with an additional 30% off. She was happy to be out, I never even had to take her out of the car seat, she was up high on the cart, and looking out at the store, and just hung out for about an hour. Then she was getting hungry, so I gave her an ounce from a bottle I brought from home and we checked out.

The Gripe Water basically has Ginger and Fennel in it, and while it advertises only helping colic and hiccups, the Internet says it is good for upset stomach and other such things. So we gave her two doses an hour apart, the first in a 2 ounce bottle and the second I let her drink 4 ounces. She was so happy she fell asleep and has been sleeping for the last 4 hours, so I think it worked. She still has a bit of a couch and wakes herself up, so I have to be right here to help her sit if she coughs or give her the pacifier, but she falls right back asleep and seems to be getting some rest. I really hope she is better by Tuesday. I hate to leave her in the biohazard that is daycare after already being sick for 8 days, but I have little choice. If she is bad Joel will stay home with her, but it was daycare that got her sick to begin with. It was rough last night, because stats say she will get sick 9 times a year and if it lasts 10 days, I mean that's like 90 sick/vacation days, that simply can;t be possible, that she has t stay home the entire home, especially when its daycare that makes her sick. grrr.

No comments: