Monday, August 4, 2008

Blowin Raspberries


Blowin Raspberries
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 18 Monday 8/4

So I am pretty confident Holly is getting most of her medication now. I have been giving it to her in the middle of the night, several hours after/before any feedings, usually 3-4 on either side, so I know she is absorbing it, and she takes it while asleep, so most of it is swallowed, with only minor drooling, but no spit up.

Holly has been more expressive, and communicative. Joel noticed that she will look towards what she wants and then make noises, until we pay attention to it. So for example, this evening she wanted to be in her swing. We were trying to rock her and play with her, but she kept looking at her swing. Joel finally said, do you want your swing, and put her in it, she immediately stopped crying and soon fell asleep. She also did this with her bottle. She ate the first half of it, and as typical wanted to take a break, then about 30-45 minutes later she was fussing and staring off, and Joel said, she is looking at her bottle. I gave it to her and she gulped it down.

Also tonight when we put her down to sleep, she dropped her pacifier, and Joel reached to give it to her, and when it was going towards her mouth she reached out with both hands and grabbed it and put it back into her mouth.

Also she came up with a new game today, the bouncy game,. Her daddy was bouncing her on his lap and she laughed and laughed each time he bounced her. We were also singing new silly songs and making faces and goofy sounds and she would laugh at the silly sounds. In Ocean time she played by herself quietly for about ten minutes and she rotated herself 90 degrees to better reach different toys on the other side.

I read her her Holly family book, and the spot book, and was sang. We walked around the backyard and sat outside, and we watched a little baby Einstein. While I was pumping I wasn't able to play with her and she woke up. So I propped her up in her pillow nest and put on Baby Neptune and she watched it without fussing for about 15 minutes while I was finishing. She was very hungry since she just woke up, so she began to fuss. I took a break to feed her, but then after she was content to play on her own and watch while I finished.

I do think she is making more new different sounds, but I can't really articulate what they are. but she is blowing with her tongue and lips and exploring her mouth, and she is very intrigued with her feet. She played in her crib for about 10 minutes watching the mobile, during naked baby time, and was happy to grab onto her feet and watch and listen to the music.

Holly last ate at 9:30 and at 1:00 am I gave her 4 ml of Apple Juice, 4 pinches of Sugar and a 25 dose of Minocycline. Just before she had woken up and cried and I gave her her Lutchka and she was sucking hard. I went to make the medicine and she fell back asleep, but was still sucking. I put the medicine in, and she sucked it down without even waking up in like 30 seconds, no drops or anything. I wish every night was like this.

No comments: