Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun Day at The Zoo

So a picture says 1000 words and it seems for some reason I am not “feeling” this post. I have been putting it off since Thursday. We had an AMAZING time at the Zoo! But I guess I am not in the mood to write a lot about it, so I will let the pictures do the talking.


Otters!

This was a cute little Playground

Holly imitates the Froggy


Hanging out in the Hay


So Holly wasn’t totally “feeling” the little goats, she wasn’t bothered by them but didn’t want to like climb all over them, she was more interested in the hay. I sat her down first by one who walked away so then we went to play by the hay Stack and this little goat walked over to her and basically nudged her trying to get her to pet him. I of course gave him a few pets under the chin and between the ears, but he really liked Holly. She decided to crawl away and he followed her around until he realized she wasn’t going to pet him and found someone else. It was quite cute.



These are from the little playground area in the Children’s Zoo section of the Oakland Zoo. The ground was made of that sponge material that is hard but “gives” and I decided to let Holly out of the stroller to crawl around. She got quite dirty her little pants had dirt scuffs all on the knees and I ended up washing her hands with sanitizer twice, once after the Goat and then again after the playground, mostly because she chews on her fingers. But she had so much fun playing out in the sun watching the other kids and “walking” around the different play structures. At our park the ground is gravel and sand or dirt and grass, so she hasn’t had a lot of opportunity to crawl around outside since she isn’t walking yet. She had a blast.


I loved this Spider Web when she is a little more (whats the gross motor word for articulate) it will be so fun to watch her crawl and climb around on this.



We took a break by the Chimps to get a diaper change. Holly followed the signs.


We stopped by the Tiger on the way in and he was sleeping so I saw him but Holly couldn’t. On the way out we stopped by again and I tried to feed Holly, she was hungry but didn’t have more then like 3 bites of banana so I gave in and made her a bottle. The tiger decided to come and visit us. He walked right up to the fence and scratched his neck and back along it and walked back and forth in front of us for like ten minutes. I took several pictures but it was hard to get one zoomed in and in focus because the wire messed up the “focus” when I zoom out its harder to see his amazing eyes and expression, I almost wish it was glass rather then chain link. He at one point stood directly in front of us and locked eyes with Holly. I swear they were communicating, but I can’t tell if he was making friends or telling her she looked like a tasty snack. She was mesmerized.

This is the view on the drive out of the Zoo.

After the zoo Holly fell asleep in the car. I decided to venture out and go to a movie.. I know ambitious. At the first theatre they were playing the unborn and underworld 3 both of which I wanted to see but they had started like 10 minutes earlier, I realized I would only have missed the previews but I was torn thinking I shouldn’t go and Holly would wake up and if so it would upset the other viewers, so I decided to go to Bay Street and get Pizza, but when I transferred Holly out of the car she was completely knocked out and didn’t stir at all so I decided to see what was playing at that theatre. It just so happened that Bedtime Stories was starting at that exact moment, a kid’s movie, so I decided to give it a try. She slept the first quarter of the movie. There was only 1 family in the theatre with us and kids were around 4 and they were walking around the isles. I of course took Holly into the Hall when she seemed like she would fuss, but she was happy 99% of the time. Once she cried because she was hungry and after the bottle she was ok. I was sitting in the first row between the top and bottom section so there was a huge floor in front of me where she could play and on occasion she watched the movie when the kids were on screen or funny things were happening. The second time she fussed was when she was trying to crawl off, when she went left or right I would let her go a few feet, but when she went forward towards the backs of the seats in the bottom section I grabbed her as the floor there was dirty and there was a drop. She didn’t like being restrained so she cried, but I picked her up when to the light in the hall and two seconds later she was happy again.

So overall, I enjoyed the movie and it was very cute. Holly was well behaved and the timing was just right. If there was a different movie or a more crowded theatre it might not have went over so well, but it was promising for the possibility of another movie during naptime. There is this theatre in San Francisco that plays a free movie the second Thursday of the month for kids and moms. Tracey told me about it and assuming the movie they play is one I haven’t seen we play on going in February so that will be fun. The last few weeks of baby Brigade has been either movies I didn’t want to see or have already, and soon Holly will be too old. I am looking forward to a date night with Joel at the movies when the grandparents are visiting for Holly’s Birthday.

Well its late and I got talkative.. Night

No comments: