Monday, February 23, 2009

I <3 Faces - Black & White


I heart faces is a site where you can share photos and submit them into weekly contests, of faces, one for kids and for adults.

So this is my entrance into Week 7 Theme: Black & White

Kids:


So I know that a lot of you didn't like this picture for a few posts back but let me explain why I love it so much especially for this submission. Look at the raw emotion being expressed by that face. So often beauty is seen in a smile or a face showing Joy or Silliness, but what about Frustration, Anger, or uncontrolled emotion that you don't know how yet to understand. Crying because you want your mommy or you are tired or you just didn't get your way.

I guess maybe only a mother could love a face like this, but the furrow of her brow, her long lashes, the slump of her shoulders, her wisp pixie like hair. I think there is something about this photo that reminds me that in all states how much I love my Child and how beautiful she is, even when she is angry, upset, and crying.

She makes another face, just before this one, just before the tears come that I love. (I know I am sad) it is such a cute face of forewarning, and I hope one day to really capture it. I have gotten at hints of it, which you will see (be warned) this week on Wordless Wednesday, but I have yet to truly capture the depth of that face, I aspire to one day do so. But until then, I am left with this aftermath, which reminds me a mood can turn in only a moment from a smile to this, and then just as quick back again when she is lifted into Mommies arms.

16 comments:

Mireille said...

Great shot, because it shows so many emotions! Well done! You can feel the pain...

Candace said...

Awww... I think it is precious! You are right... the emotions are amazing. I have taken several of my little girl, and my husband thinks I am crazy, but honestly, they are just as sweet at the smiling ones. Well done!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

talk about a awwww precious phot I want to run to her!!!!

Miti said...

I've got a similar picture of my little guy and I know exactly what you mean. I believe that the best pictures are those that show emotions whether it's a happy one or one of frustration and sadness. You know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Melinda said...

I love the photos that show such raw emotion - and you really captured that here...poor thing : )

Anonymous said...

I think it's great! Not only does it show emotion, but creates emotion too. When I immediately react to a photo I know I like it.

House of Smiths said...

Oh my. Such a cute picture! I love that.
Shelley

Unknown said...

I love the emotion expressed here. So innocent and real. :)

Carebear said...

Great shot - some of my fave pics of my kids are crying ones. They make me laugh for some reason. (Geez, that makes me sound horrible!) I like that you used this photo!

Shae said...

I love crying shots!

Michelle said...

I love the crying shots. I wish I had taken more when my girls were little!

Katarina said...

This picture made me smile. It really is sweet. Good for you for capturing memories that aren't all smiles and laughter!!

Unknown said...

She is too sweet. Even though she is crying. I love that you bravely entered a picture that would make some people cringe. You are so right! There are a whole gamut of emotions most barely touch on in photography. Darling baby!

Heather said...

I LOVE it! I almost entered a crying shot too... something about the raw black and white with the raw emotion of a crying child. Perfect!

Randi said...

For some reason, I like baby crying shots! I feel bad when my children are crying, and I'm standing there snapping photos, but crying is a big part of being a kid. :)

LOVE your photo!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

I love your shot. Not every moment is about smile and laughter. This is life :)