Friday, February 27, 2009

Coffee Time


SO we have been trying to teach Holly to drink from a Sippy Cup. She can’t really suck the liquid down with the valve in, or tip her head back enough for it to work. Without the valve the liquid runs to fast and she gags on it. So based on my friend Tracey’s advice I decided to try a regular cup very full so she can slurp the liquid. My next option is a built-in straw cup.


Well the Yogurt Juice I decided to give Holly was only 4 ounces and not big enough to fill a regular type cup, so I first tried to get her to sip it out of the container, but she just wanted to chew on that. So in search for a cup just her size Joel suggested an expresso cup. So here she is sipping “coffee” like a little sweetie, learning to drink slowly but surely.


Holly is pretty impatient though, so after a few sips she was having none of it. Since I not only wanted to teach her to drink, but expose her to new liquids, like this strawberry yogurt smoothy juice drink, we discovered that it was the exact size to screw on a bottle top. She is still not drinking from the level 3 nipples, but I put one on this juice and she grabbed the bottle and gulped it down. Isn’t she adorable!

1 comment:

theotherlion said...

Is her problem with not being able to suck well enough? Certain sippy cups do are require more effort than others. I wish I could explain which ones to avoid. I remember using the straw ones, and they were great (except they are hard to clean without a dishwasher). Also, the toss-away ones require a lot less effort and are pretty spill-proof. And they are lightweight
I remember people being surprised that Punkin took to drinking out of a cup fairly easily, but like Holly he is impatient and it was difficult for him to suck on certain cups (even now).