Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby Holly is a Sick Holly

In honor of Holly regressing back to the days of sleeping with Mommy I have posted some baby Holly pictures to share with all of you.

This weekend little Holly has a cough and sniffles again. She has decided this means she wants to pretend she is a few weeks old again and wakes up several times every night and can old rest and sleep if she is in mommy’s arms. She actually went to bed twice at 9:30 but then she woke up at around 2:00 am. I tried to sooth her back to sleep and then rock her but as soon as I set her down, after 10 minutes, 20 minutes, even 30 minutes it was a no go. I laid in bed with her and she slept for a little bit but then when it was time for a transfer she woke up.

The first night it took 3 hours and two bottles before she was asleep again. It was cute for a few minutes she laid in bed with Joel, but there wasn’t room for me on the little edge of the bed so I got up.

I wanted to go back out to the living room to finish some paperwork, but as soon as I would leave the room she would toss and turn and whimper. It took me ten minutes to ease out and after being out for only about 15 she was fussing again.

Last night when she woke up it was impossible to even try and put her down so eventually I crawled into bed holding her and laid back in a sitting position on a corner pillow.

This was how I slept the entire first week she was home with us and it brought back a lot of memories. She was so cute. She is a very active sleeper, and while laying in my arms for about 90 minutes she turned herself around and sat up and flopped over about a dozen times, but since I was holding her I could just adjust my arms for whatever position she wanted to be in and it never really woke her all the way up.

Her new thing is sleeping with her butt in the air. I think it totally wakes her up. She has her face smooshed and to the side and her knees bent under her. I think because she likes this position she ends up sitting and crawling in her sleep. Joel told me he often sees her like that in the morning, which I hadn’t realized.

So after three nights of her waking up for several hours in the AM I decided maybe I shouldn’t put her to bed so early, but tonight she was exhausted again and fell asleep at 9:00.

She didn’t want to go to bed though, as in be put down, so rather than sitting up holding her in the middle of the night she slept in my arms for about 2 hours while I watched some TV until she was pretty settled. That didn’t prevent her from waking up though around 2:00 AM again, but so far I just needed to rock her and she went back to bed again.

So Monday is a Holiday so Holly won’t have any therapy. It has been raining and windy all day.

This morning while Joel was making his coffee he noticed that it was sort of quiet in the living room so he went to look for Holly and didn’t see her right away then realized she was standing against the front window staring out at the rain and the trees and the birds in the park and was in complete awe.

Mostly we just stayed inside as it was very stormy and played and had a quiet weekend. Joel got me some amazing dark chocolate truffles from Scharffenberger for Valentines and they were very delicious.

I was feeling a little stir crazy today so hopefully if the weather isn’t too bad tomorrow maybe Holly and I will venture out. Even though Katie has the day off Joel doesn’t so he will be missed.

This weekend we had some fun playing Rock band and Holly wasn't that into it so we had to take a break but since she was falling asleep early at 9:30 we were able to play in the evening. We watched some TV, she loves her YoGabbaGabba, I tried to watch the Tigger Movie but she wasn't into it. I guess she didn't think it was "Holly TV" so I am not sure what it was about it that made it seem like Grown Up TV when she knows YoGabbaGabba is her show.

No comments: