Thursday, August 20, 2009

Therapy Thursday: Katie @ Sadie Dey's

A few weeks ago Katie and I decided to meet at Sadie Dey's for a Therapy session. Sadly I only have two pictures to share, I think my camera was acting up on that day. This blow up basket was there for a special event. When the host was deflating it, Holly was so excited and wanted to try and get beneath it and play. It was cute.

Since we were there in the late afternoon they had a dinner deal, when a parent purchases a regular meal if its after 4:00 PM you get a kids meal for free. So Holly and I sat down to have to lunch. I had the Ham and Cheese and I got some Mac and Cheese for her, since she had just enjoyed eating it the night before when Mommy had some as an easy dinner.

I hadn't really had a chance to start eating before Katie arrived, and Holly decided she was either not hungry or didn't feel like the Mac and Cheese so I let her go and play. While her and Katie did work together, she was in a particularly needy mood and wanted mommy to pay attention to her.

I had the delusion that with another adult there to watch, supervise, and entertain Holly, Mommy might get a small break to sit and eat her lunch. Katie was there almost two hours, and I hadn't finished my sandwich by the time she left.

Holly played with the Latch Puzzle and worked with Katie on opening and closing the little doors and undoing the latches. later Katie and Holly played with the baby Doll. She also really enjoyed watching how she interacted with the other kids. There was an older child who was very curious about the doll and took it away from her, Holly rather then take it back got upset, but followed the girl around. I gave her one of the other dolls, but they were of various skin tones so she could tell it wasn't the same one, and she wanted the one she had. It wasn't until I gave the other little girl a different doll that she was calm again.

They also worked on climbing into the structure and going down the slide, and Katie worked with her on the other bus climbing structure as she climbed up and down on it. Also, a knew thing we did was let Holly reach up and grab onto the bar and "hang" on it. It was the first time she was hanging and swinging. It was really neat.

Katie and Holly did a lot of things, climbing and going up and down the mats and pillows near the couch and mostly it was good to observe her social behavior with other children. I think that Holly is a lot more social then this play date would show because we hadn't been to Sadie Deys for several weeks and she didn't personally know any of the kids there, so she wasn't as playful. Had Katie been a fly on the wall at Chloe's she might see how much Holly does interact with other kids. But at Sadie Deys, she sort of has a plan and is busy busy busy in her own little world.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That therapy sounds so fun!! And the place looks awesome! I'm impressed with hanging on the bar. I might need to venture out and gets some private therapy because she just comes to the house and does reflex stuff??? I never get to eat either. You would think I would lose a couple of pounds, but no, I make sure to make up for it when I put him down! And Holly is such a cutie!!

CarolineThomas said...

Great pics even if there are only two. I love how you are so thrifty with your meal deals and money saving ideas, very cute! The hanging sounds like good muscle building fun! That place looks like fun too!