Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Heart Faces - Week 33: Nostalgia


Week 33: Nostalgia
The theme is to take a picture that reminds you of your childhood. This picture shows a little bit of fear and a little bit of excitement as Hlly sits in a tree. She is only 17 months, so I couldn't get her really climbing one all by herself, but when Iheard the theme, I knew it had to be a picture of
Holly in a tree.
I will tell you two stories about me when I was a child related to trees.
Once when I was little and we were still living in NY, we went to visit my uncle in Poughkeepsie (upstate NY) At the time he was living on a farm of sorts, I remember there were horses and chickens and stables far from the house, and then it was surrounded by trees. While the grown ups were inside I was outside playing on the grounds. I remember finding a tree to climb in, and I remember being high enough that I could see above the other trees, and the house in distance.
Then I realized I was stuck and couldn't get down. The next part is really fuzzy, and certainly couldn't have happened as I remember it, but I recall that my dad needed to climb up to get me in something like a cherry picker, I was so high, Other times it feels like he had to use a double ladder. I should really get him to tell me the story, I remember being up there and climbing, and then of course them calling for me and searching the woods and finding me in the tree and having to get me.
On another occasion, we were living in Longmont Colorado and I was in about 4th grade. There was a field with trees and undeveloped land behind our housing complex. On one particular tree there was a tree house. A platform really. Getting up to the tree house was easy, a few steps and a few branches and there I was, but for some reason I was unable to get myself back down. So off my friend Chrissy was to get my dad so he could climb up and get me.
There were many other times I climbed trees and rocks and ledges, I had a thing for going up! So my picture of Holly is of her sitting in a tree, I am sure she will get me back ten fold she is already a little dare devil who tries to climb on everything she can. I'm not sure how my parent's survived.

I Heart Faces is a site where you can share photos and submit them into weekly contests, of faces, one for kids and one for adults.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

Hehe cute stories! I remember being stuck up trees and being rescued by my parents too lol. I was looking for Moon Face from the Magic Faraway Tree, Enid Blyton story. I look forward to Holly stories in the future of tree adventures. :P